1911 Bobtail housing install with pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys! Yeah grwd, this pattern looks pretty good on my all stainless match gun, but not so much on this one (yet). I also have a set of half stippled, thin Dan Wesson grips and a set of standard thickness full checkered grips for it. Not sure what it will wind up wearing in the end, but I've got options!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice clean work GTG. The specs are the way I'd want it, dig the u-notch mod. Wished I had the time to do something like this.

glowworm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I've got the 1911 back together and it appears to function as it should. All the parts added were Ed Brown. National Match trigger, Perfection Sear and Disconnector, Commander hammer, Beavertail safety, and finally, the bobtail mainspring housing. Both safeties work as they should. I've got some massaging to do to the grip safety because there appears to be a reset hangup (any ideas?) Of course, everything needed to be fitted. I still need to do some polishing and final blending, then I need to get the slide dovetailed for new sights. Final step will be cerakote or some other finish. Because I was rushing, I dorked up the grips and they aren't even, but I think I've got a spare set laying around. I'll probably go with a set of VZ grips once I'm done, so I'm not too concerned. Constructive criticism is welcome!!!
IMG_3014.JPG
IMG_3017.JPG

glowworm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't fired it yet, but the "feel" is so much better than the GI as it came from the factory. Fit and finish isn't nowhere as good as my Ed Brown (or virtually any other 1911 out there), but the trigger pull is crisp and about as nice as my other 1911s, so that much seems to be good.

glowworm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool, looks like you need to do some more blending on the beavertail.

What you gonna do with the sights?
Yeah. More blending to do on the beavertail, the MSH, and since I'm going to cerakote, I'm probably going to try a "melt" on some of the rougher edges. Not sure on sights. Going to look at some options and find out who is available in the area to mill in some dovetails.

Latest posts

Top Bottom