1911 grip safety non-functional

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a buddy who won a 1911 in a contest. It's from an overseas manu, like Turkey-ish or something, but it's pretty nice. Nice trigger-pull, nice polished finish (I dunno if it's nickel or stainless), etc.

Problem is, it'll drop the hammer on a trigger pull without the grip safety being depressed. He's wanting to get it kinda worked-over, you know, just a general function-improvement with feedramp polishing, etc., as well as fix the grip safety issue. Maybe have some checkering done, I dunno.

Anyways, besides Dr. Grayson and some of the other folks who'll be backed up for 4-6 months, or will cost 2 arms and half a leg, who would be a good choice in the Tulsa/Bartlesville area? He doesn't need world-class work, nothing fancy, just a nice going-over and such.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it's overfit, it will either need to be welded up and refit or replaced. Mike at 2A should be able to do it, as well as MacKools.

Agreed! Also for Prich, yes folks did and some still do disable the 1911's grip safety. I can't imagine why today because a well tuned grip safety functions well and doesn't cause issues with the pistol. If the pistol is only for competition I could sort of understand the logic of disabling the grip safety. But for a carry pistol I would never disable any safety feature...not just because of safety but because of today's litigious society.

Latest posts

Top Bottom