1911 Pistols: Colt v Springfield Armory

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh no!!! A Remington....how could you get such a ...... @#%#$^&*

I'm kidding, I just wanted to get in on all the stupid pissing in this thread.

That's a nice-looking pistol.
I took it shooting at H&H a few weeks ago. It was a jamamatic. The damn thing would not go into battery after every shot. It would stick about 1/8th of an inch to full lockup. It was then pull the mag, make sure you were pointed downrange and beat the hell out of the slide to get it to go backward to eject the jammed round. I took it to the COPS gunsmith who discovered the feed ramp was ground to the left a bit and straightened it. Now it feeds everything. It is tighter than a mouse's ass stretched over a 55 gallon drum. I think I'll polish the dog mess out of it especially the inside of the bushing and the feed ramp and rails. I have a Dremel and polishing wheels somewhere. . .

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Series 80??? Oh piffle!! Get the spacer from Brownells, a hammer and sear for series 70 and take out the firing pin plunger and spring, just like everyone does and wala a series 70 with a lightened slide!.... Get it? The extra hole in the slide where the F.P. safety was! 🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom