1911 Pistols: Colt v Springfield Armory

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe you need a couple of Midol. Don’t take my comment personally. It wasn’t meant that way.

My comment was a general comment that most reviews lack any true discussion of how the guns actually perform in the real world. I mention Hilton’s testing procedure becuase it will give you a realistic idea of how that gun functions.

Does that mean you're not bringing ammo?

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The CZ is not a 1911 platform. DA first round, the rails are different, no grip safety, and no barrel bushing. They are great pistols just not 1911.
The CZ does, in fact, have a barrel bushing. the models that have a thumb safety can also be carried locked and cocked like a 1911. But you are correct, not at all a 1911.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t know why Glock guys like to talk trash on the 1911 to begin with, because they’re really just apples and oranges as far as the age of their designs, and one being a polymer frame striker fired double stack that has only been around since the 80s. By the time the Glock was invented, the 1911 had already seen 70 years of military service. Yeah a Glock is more reliable, probably because the 1911 uses a 111 year old design. A new Honda Civic is more reliable than a ’67 GTO too, I’d still rather be driving the GTO any day of the week. And don’t even get me started on aesthetics, because as far as looks go, comparing a 1911 to a Glock is like comparing a supermodel to a genital wart.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like Glocks. I own several. But a Glock is just a gun. A good one, a reliable one, but it's still just a gun. A tool.

A good 1911 has soul and character. Few things are as American as a 1911. I have no doubt they'll still be making them in another 100 years. I can't say that about Glocks.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put about 50 rounds thru the Garrison this afternoon. No issues at all. Ran perfectly out of the box just like I thought it would. Here's a picture after the first mag, standing/off-hand. The others were a little better or a little worse, but not by much:

Target 3.jpg

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like Glocks. I own several. But a Glock is just a gun. A good one, a reliable one, but it's still just a gun. A tool.

A good 1911 has soul and character. Few things are as American as a 1911. I have no doubt they'll still be making them in another 100 years. I can't say that about Glocks.
I’ve owned a couple of Glocks before but ended up trading them for other guns, one of them being a mid 1990s model Springfield 1911-A1 (basically a mil spec model before they called it a “mil spec”) that I still have to this day. My first handgun was actually a Glock 23. It was a good enough gun. But that’s Glock in a nutshell, there’s nothing bad about them, they just do everything “good enough.” I know there’s a ton of aftermarket support for them which is a little ironic for a company who’s slogan is “Perfection.”

Latest posts

Top Bottom