1911 Pistols: Colt v Springfield Armory

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like ever weapon mfg. I like 1911’s. Yes, they are Antiquated Relics just like all my 30-40 Krag‘s are! They served a purpose just like the Model T’s did! But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, LOL!

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even the most resent attempt by Glock with its innovations to get Glock chosen as the military weapon ended in failure.
The bi*ch slap to Glock fan boys heard around the world.
IMG_0659.JPG

There are a lot of good Pistols today , everyone just pick your choice and run with it.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 298675
There are a lot of good Pistols today , everyone just pick your choice and run with it.

I wholeheartedly agree!

This MeMe is like saying the boat George Washington rowed across the Patomic is better the newest Bass Boat of the modern age!

But I do get the jest and it is a very Truthfull time statement for Browning! Seriously, think of other mechanical thing invented since creation that has held itself in numbers and use like a Weapon such as the 1911!

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please, they are good shooters but we’re never mainstream. The 1911 didn’t take over the world. I know they are an historic piece but the .45 ACP never hit mainstream.

The Tommy gun gun is one as well, I have a couple Marines that we’re actually combat veterans and they don’t worship their 1911s, more trying to forget god rest one of them’s soul.

The auto loader never were considered here until the 80’s and I know most know this. The BG’s caused the changed as they started using them in the 70’s, Glock made the mainstream IMO, spin it all you want.

Lets let the Nam vets tell us how their 1911 saved em, I know there’s a few as their crappy M16’s failed, as they weren’t all that in the 60s either from those I know.

All of them are much improved IMO……..🤷‍♂️ I would rather have a German P38 as memorabilia from WWII….

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes...I realize the guns that were in service were long overdue for replacement. You realize you don't need to be condescending in everything you say, right?

And what "most recent attempts" are you referring to? There have been several. Colt outfitted the Marines with the M45A1 not too many years ago. Some units are still using them.
That is the coolest Colt I've ever seen. Thank you for teaching me something new!

For anyone else interested, here's a link

https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/last-of-the-breed-marine-corps-m45a1/

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bad comparison as The Fords today would blow the old school out and have the same retro vibe without working on them. That said I hate the computer cars but they’re much more reliable for daily driving….

Theres a old workmate in Owasso that has 3 rare big blocks and a ultra rare Thunderbolt they are old school awesome, in the fuel crisis in the 70s he said he was buying them for $1500, now the stable worth millions.

I guess the Mercury Thunderbolt only have about 3 in existence, he raced for Mercury in the 60’s as they were race cars with no warranty if you factory order them.

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please, they are good shooters but we’re never mainstream. The 1911 didn’t take over the world. I know they are an historic piece but the .45 ACP never hit mainstream.

I know I said I was done here but I couldn't let this go without asking...

Are you seriously suggesting the 1911 and the .45ACP weren't/aren't mainstream? Really? I hope that part of your post was sarcasm because it not...well then you need to get out more because that's probably the most uninformed statement posted in this thread if not.

The .45ACP is the second most popular caliber sold in this country. And I don't even know how many millions of 1911 pistols have been made...not even taking into account the nearly 3 million produced for military service.

I'm kinda shocked anyone on a gun forum would even make those two claims to be honest.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know I said I was done here but I couldn't let this go without asking...

Are you seriously suggesting the 1911 and the .45ACP weren't/aren't mainstream? Really? I hope that part of your post was sarcasm because it not...well then you need to get out more because that's probably the most uninformed statement posted in this thread if not.

The .45ACP is the second most popular caliber sold in this country. And I don't even know how many millions of 1911 pistols have been made...not even taking into account the nearly 3 million produced for military service.

I'm kinda shocked anyone on a gun forum would even make those two claims to be honest.
So tell me about the 1000s of LEOs that carried them my friend, I know some. When did your department adopt them. The revolver was the mainstream from every Leo I know. The public wasn’t carrying them.

If you wan to go by gun type the revolver far exceeds them. Auto loaders are just another gun type, the 1911s are part of them but not a big number anymore compared to the whole.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom