1911 Pistols: Colt v Springfield Armory

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Browning born after Gaston, a 1911 would not be in existence. A 1911 is an Antiquated Item that existed until something better was invented,,,, Period.

Man keeps the romance alive, not the performance.

It could very well happen to Glock or anything made by a human.

Glocks are ok, reliable for sure, but so is everything else nowadays. Glock still has a trash trigger, garbage sights and horrible egos. Too many better polymer choices out there.

1911s are still going strong, while Glocks had their run..... but Glock doesn't even make the best "glock" any more....

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who does in your opinion, we need to know… that’s subjective but your right there’s many striker fired guns out there. Give us your best 1911 shooting firearm in striker fired or even full metal, love the 1911 grip angle, no lie.

I actually see the Glock 19 as the top seller, but agree there’s better triggers. I’m not a stranger to sigs but prefer the west German

Good thing about Glocks trigger upgrades are dirt cheap and anyone can do it themselves

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/01/the-glock-19-was-the-top-selling-gun-of-2021/

Last edited:

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hand guns were issued but wasn’t a main weapon in any war…. No handgun has ever been unless your talking pre 20 th century …. So give me me a link proving I’m wrong… it’s a weapon of the old west and before….just saying

Its your bug gun….even in trench warfare it wasn’t a primary weapon

Lots of history though like the GTO

Does everyone want 1911 today or has it a past hero? Certainly that….

I can post old crap of the 1900s as well, the fact is more people use a revolver today than carry any 1911
I don’t think theres one person commenting on this entire thread that thinks a handgun is used as a main weapon in war so I’m not exactly sure where your counter argument is coming from, nor am I sure of the overall point you’re trying to make here. Are you saying more people USE a revolver than CARRY a 1911? Because you’re probably correct on that. But as far as being used in combat, if a revolver was a better combat gun, certainly the military would have kept it around instead of moving to the 1911 for nearly 75 years, right? If the 1911 is such an obsolete dinosaur, what does that make the revolver?

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bud give it a rest, you need to shut up. The handgun hasn’t been used as a primary weapon since the 19th century. It’s a last resort weapon, unlike the past. So since 1911 it ruled right? I think the shotgun and fully auto guns kind of kicked any pee shooters ass.

Never heard anyone say the 1911 was god or any handgun saved them unless their rifle was out of commission…. The leveler action Winchester I sure was perfered on the range and even the civil war as it’s been in service since 1840. Towns the shotgun and revolvers ruled.

The semiautomatic was never a primary weapon until the 1980s, if it was so supreme why?

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The leveler action Winchester I sure was perfered on the range and even the civil war as it’s been in service since 1840.

The "lever" action Winchester was in service since 1840? That's probably news to Winchester since they didn't start making them until 1866 with the model...1866. Henry rifles were introduced in 1860.

Colt made the ring lever carbine around the late 1830s into the 1840s. But it was a revolving cylinder, cap and ball rifle.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bud give it a rest, you need to shut up. The handgun hasn’t been used as a primary weapon since the 19th century. It’s a last resort weapon, unlike the past. So since 1911 it ruled right? I think the shotgun and fully auto guns kind of kicked any pee shooters ass.

Never heard anyone say the 1911 was god or any handgun saved them unless their rifle was out of commission…. The leveler action Winchester I sure was perfered on the range and even the civil war as it’s been in service since 1840. Towns the shotgun and revolvers ruled.

The semiautomatic was never a primary weapon until the 1980s, if it was so supreme why?
If anyone needs to shut up here, it’s you, Jr. You‘re seriously lacking in reading comprehension skills from other people‘s posts. You’re clearly here to stir people here up and to troll this thread. You’re not even reading any of what people here are posting because if you did, you might actually have some insight into what you’re even talking about. Instead, you’re just being argumentative like a 15 year old and showing the same level of maturity. I can’t even follow what your point is because everything you’ve posted here has been a bunch of random nonsense. A thought pulled out of your ass and proven facts are two different things.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty much sums it up....of course... they ended up losing the Military contract because the P320 is a superior platform.

1661856313184.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom