1911 Purchase decision

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still doesn't change the fact of them sponsoring the site that had so much hatred towards them.
Maybe the admin should cater to the loyal followers of the site, but we all know that won't happen, cause $$$$$$$$$

You could always make him an offer and buy the site perhaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CZ Shadow and a suppressor.
Cylinder & Slide built Browning Hi-power.

Hmmm. Both are fine choices to be sure. However, what does the OP think of them? This is his pursuit, after all. Me? I'll take my plastic and go to the range this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I'm pretty familiar with Pine Tree Casting corporation the subsidiary of Ruger and the myriad of lost wax parts they provide to industry. However I don't run cast parts in my motors and not gonna do it on my 1911's just old fashioned :-) http://www.ruger.com/casting/index.html?r=y

Most of the 1911s you mentioned run cast parts, Colt, SA, etc. Last I checked DW used Forged frames now and no MIM.

But yeah, if you have pre conceived, weird, notions of what is and what isn't a good 1911, then just buy a Colt and be done with it.

For the money, Dan Wesson can't be beat, and I've owned just about every brand out there at one point. However, $1800 can almost get you in a Les Baer.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CZ Shadow and a suppressor.
Cylinder & Slide built Browning Hi-power.

1. Maybe his "operating" needs don't require a suppressor?
2. G'luck getting into a C&S Hi-power for $1800.... aside from one with a few mods of course.

Last edited:

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
1. Maybe his "operating" needs don't require a suppressor?
2. G'luck getting into a C&S Hi-power for $1800.... aside from one with a few mods of course.

1. You don't need to "operate" to be able to enjoy using a suppressor.
2. I haven't priced a C&S hi-power so maybe I'm way off on that, but somebody who spends $1800 on a 1911 should be able to afford a little more for a better product.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1. You don't need to "operate" to be able to enjoy using a suppressor.
2. I haven't priced a C&S hi-power so maybe I'm way off on that, but somebody who spends $1800 on a 1911 should be able to afford a little more for a better product.

1. Just going with the direction of your suggestion.
2. Alright, "maybe way off" but "should be able to afford a little more?" Honestly, last C&S Hi-power I saw was ~$2500 and that was a the Wannenmacher when C&S used to make the trip.....at least 4-5 years ago. C&S builds awesome guns for sure, but $1800 ish or even close is a stretch.... if you want a true build that is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom