1911 wrench

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t try to remove the barrel bushing while it’s under spring tension. Separate the slide from the frame first before trying to remove the barrel and guide rod plug from the slide.

This is the way.

Snaketzu

Marksman
Reaction score
I use the back side of a magazine to depress the mainspring housing, then turn the bushing and remove the housing and the mainspring FIRST. This is the last step I perform when reassembling. The pistol is so much easier to disassemble and assemble this way, specifically removing and installing the slide stop catch.
YMMV.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use the back side of a magazine to depress the mainspring housing, then turn the bushing and remove the housing and the mainspring FIRST. This is the last step I perform when reassembling. The pistol is so much easier to disassemble and assemble this way, specifically removing and installing the slide stop catch.
YMMV.
Welcome to the site!!!! Glad to have you with us!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
YMMV.

Welcome to the site!!!! Glad to have you with us!

Yes, what Gary said. Welcome aboard, great group of people here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom