1927 Ford T roadster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the steel Ford body.
I have not been around these things.
But I got me one yesterday..With only 3 trips on the fresh rebuilt Chevy engine in my '47 Dodge truck I hooked my trailer to the Dodge and went and got me this older vehicle.

Water Temp never got higher than 180 in the truck during the trip.
Now to do something with this 1927 Ford.
First up is to remove the floor section and find a serial number and try to get a title for it.
Then hook up some kind of steering as it is all missing.

Serial number is stamped on top of the frame usually just behind the firewall is what I was told.
Looks like a dodge 318 2 barrel and automatic trans is in it.
My Chevy powered Dodge Pulling a Ford powered by a Dodge.
Yea it gets worse..the trailer is made from a '56 Chevy truck and my Dodge truck has Ford running gear.
Nothing odd going on here.

27T 002.JPG
27T 001.JPG

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's pretty cool. That thing will look twice as good if you ditch those fenders and that crazy wide rear end. That would have been a perfect host for your 57's old 283 if I hadn't taken it home. :) Are you going to keep the 318 in it?

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like the start of a great project. Have a question for you. I need to get a brake line made with male on both ends that look like this. I took the remote brake booster off my daughters '32 and sent off for rebuild 3 weeks ago, they said it would take 2 weeks, yesterday they said it would be at least 2-3 more weeks!! If I can find a flexible brake line with this fitting I can bypass and run without the booster till I get it back. I have been to several hose shops and they don' recognize the threads
Brake fitting.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 327 and a tunnel-ram that is kind of a putz no wheel spin. At 4000 rpm it comes to life.
Something like that may do very well in this.
My son has a 302 Ford early enough that the valve train is adjustable and I had a cam ground for it on a 106LSA.. it has not been assembled and I have a good C4 in the shed.

Title first and NO the Mopar will not stay in it if i keep it.

On the brake fitting If you have not tried How rubber in okc I would try them.
You might be able to e mail them a picture.

Latest posts

Top Bottom