1950’s Oklahoma Jack Rod Line

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've run across a series of YouTube videos that detail a bit more about rod line pump jacks. The first one involves showing the operation of the engine and belt system that operates the rod lines.

This next one shows the band-wheel and eccentric gears for operating the numerous rod lines.

Multiple rod lines and associated other elements for those rod lines.

Rod lines and pumps are part of this one. There are even rod lines running through trees.

This one has a Tulsa built "underpull" pump jack.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've run across a series of YouTube videos that detail a bit more about rod line pump jacks. The first one involves showing the operation of the engine and belt system that operates the rod lines.

This next one shows the band-wheel and eccentric gears for operating the numerous rod lines.

Multiple rod lines and associated other elements for those rod lines.

Rod lines and pumps are part of this one. There are even rod lines running through trees.

This one has a Tulsa built "underpull" pump jack.

All good stuff - love those videos. An interesting note about those pieces of equipment that have "Made in TULSA OK" cast/etched into them are from manufacturers that are still in operation in Tulsa and making equipment yet today. I had one as a client who still cataloged an original item that was first sold in the 1930s and still sold currently. The amount of Tulsa oilfield manufacturing history that remains in business is interesting. A lot of it is now corporately-owned but has retained the original name for their product lines.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All good stuff - love those videos. An interesting note about those pieces of equipment that have "Made in TULSA OK" cast/etched into them are from manufacturers that are still in operation in Tulsa and making equipment yet today. I had one as a client who still cataloged an original item that was first sold in the 1930s and still sold currently. The amount of Tulsa oilfield manufacturing history that remains in business is interesting. A lot of it is now corporately-owned but has retained the original name for their product lines.

I have been surprised to see several videos on YouTube that are related to old technology oil equipment. I guess there may be more of those old systems still in operation around the country.

Latest posts

Top Bottom