1990 M85B2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
84b17b3d684423eb84e4bf4197d210cb.jpg
This thing shoots 2 inches high at defensive distances when shooting the ammo my wife's 38 shoots to point of aim. Reading up on this gun and other's experience I am going to try some 158 grain lead . Seems these guns were set up for that .
SA is perfect but DA is heavy so I ordered the spring kit from Wolff that is supposed to help with that.
When I first received the pistol I took it down for a good cleaning and found all sorts of grime in the internals and ZERO oil. :yikes2: Amazing how much better a trigger feels after a little TLC and a couple drops of oil....

So my cheap truck gun on the list is checked off .....

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love those older 85's. Many moos ago, I had the Taurus copy of the Beretta 92. It hated lead ball ammo, 1 mag looked like a shotgun blast. Don't knock that little 85, it's a good revolver.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love those older 85's. Many moos ago, I had the Taurus copy of the Beretta 92. It hated lead ball ammo, 1 mag looked like a shotgun blast. Don't knock that little 85, it's a good revolver.

Other than the DA being heavy it is a good gun. Accuracy at 25 yards was excellent in SA,nice 2-3 inch pattern was had if I did my part. DA action I was pulling the heck out of my shots but was still in the 8 to 10 inch kill zone. Once I get the springs in and research what I can do(if anything is doable) on my end to lighten the DA I will report back.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@surjimmy, I like my PT809 and had a TCP380 that I traded for a Feg PPS clone that was a great little pistol if ya don't mind the mule kick when you pulled the trigger lol. Both of these guns have been 100% and after reading about the older M85 I did not hesitate to buy this thing. Only reason it will be a truck gun is the bluing and wood is a little rough so I wont worry about more patina from riding in the truck!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom