1st attempt at bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have made my own bullet mold and you can modify your current mold or get another Lee mold.
I assume that is a Lee that cast those..Looks like the Tumble lube Lee bullet.

Anyway you can use a drill bit and remove the lube grooves from the mold.
Hornady made a (sort of) smooth sided bullet that was dry lubed it actually had some shallow hash marks in it.

You can add the hash marks by laying the bullet on it's side and take a double cut flat file and place on top of the bullet and roll it.

I made my own .50 cal bullet mold and applied hash marks to it with a file then Alox lubed it.
Shot from my muzzle loader.
The bullet is shaped exactly like an aero tip power belt and weighs 326 gr.. shoots very well and loads easy.

Get the drill bit out and get after it.

If the drill bit is too large in diameter you can grind it smaller fairly easy.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lee liquid alox works good on those ribbed bullets. Smokey but all of the lead ones are.

The smooth ones look a lot like the 9mm 135 TC Blue Bullets I just bought. Don't know where they get their molds, Magma Engineering doesn't have it on their list so it aint them. You could have a custom one made I'm sure. The no lube groove bullets are great for the Hi-Tech coating. You can buy it from Bayou bullets.

I shoot way more than I want to try to cast. Ain't nobody got time for that!

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used liquid alox on these
IMG_4206.JPG
IMG_4205.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom