1st build help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JR777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only reason there would be a restriction is if you were building an AR pistol with a barrel shorter than sixteen inches. My understanding is that the angled fore grips are ok on pistols but vertical are a no go. Someone correct me if I am wrong on that.
That is correct. The AFGs aren't considered forward grips because there's no place for the thumb to go. Basically the same logic as featureless pistol grips that you see on California compliant ARs.

Butters

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Setup my bench, unboxed everything, with the help of a youtube video, and an hour and a half later, my PSA AR is assembled.

Now I have a few questions.

Is the selector switch supposed to work after you dry fire it?

And what are the next steps to get this rifle ready for the range?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Setup my bench, unboxed everything, with the help of a youtube video, and an hour and a half later, my PSA AR is assembled.

Now I have a few questions.

Is the selector switch supposed to work after you dry fire it?

And what are the next steps to get this rifle ready for the range?
The selector switch won't work until the action has been reset and ready to fire.
The next step is to take ammo to the range and fire it. :D

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be careful dry firing, never dry fire with the upper removed as it will damage your bolt catch. They make blocks that keep this from happening to use when function checking the fire control group and safety.

Post up some pictures and give us a range report once you get it out. They are addicting I have built several and have learned a lot about the platform over the years and continue to try to learn more.

Butters

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Needing help with choosing a red dot that will mount on my AR. I see a lot of red dots for pistols. Just want to make sure it will be compatible for an AR. And later on how to ensure a magnifier will work with it also. Any tips?

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom