1st butcher job

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
YouTube is wonderful on showing ya how to do things BUT it don't make ya good.. LOL
Little piggy went to the fridge today, I figure roughly 100-100+ pounds and about 15-20 pounds in bacon.. Rubbed the pork belly with liquid smoke and then covered in a 50/50 kosher salt and brown sugar mix.. The fridge is full and the wife wasn't happy about the timing since Christmas cooking is under way.. After it ages in the fridge I'll get to try out the new grinder and make Sweet Italian and breakfast sausage.. I figure we'll net bacon and sausage as he was a potbelly I got duped on and sold as a Kune kune.. The pork chops are MINI, I'd eat at least 6 at a sitting.. The hams were near a joke, The boy had no a$$.. Good experience though..
IMG_20181223_133052.jpg

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everybody was a first timer once. The fact you got 'er done is cause for not an insignificant amount of pride on your part.

And I loathe liars. I'd be tempted to be hunting me a fella down but no good would come of it. You have some experience under your belt now and that's worth it whether the previous owner was a dick or not. :grumble:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
YouTube is wonderful on showing ya how to do things BUT it don't make ya good.. LOL
Little piggy went to the fridge today, I figure roughly 100-100+ pounds and about 15-20 pounds in bacon.. Rubbed the pork belly with liquid smoke and then covered in a 50/50 kosher salt and brown sugar mix.. The fridge is full and the wife wasn't happy about the timing since Christmas cooking is under way.. After it ages in the fridge I'll get to try out the new grinder and make Sweet Italian and breakfast sausage.. I figure we'll net bacon and sausage as he was a potbelly I got duped on and sold as a Kune kune.. The pork chops are MINI, I'd eat at least 6 at a sitting.. The hams were near a joke, The boy had no a$$.. Good experience though..View attachment 129143
Those pot bellied pigs don't carry much meat. Buddy's wife bailed on him years ago and we BBQ'd her pet. It wasn't the best pork.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those pot bellied pigs don't carry much meat. Buddy's wife bailed on him years ago and we BBQ'd her pet. It wasn't the best pork.

That's a funny story, It'll be bacon and sausage and I'd like to try my hand at making hot dogs, just gaining experience so when retirement rolls around we can live cheaper and fulfilled..

Ah sounds like you had a practice size one.
LOL, good way to look at it..

Latest posts

Top Bottom