1st Congressional District Residents: WARNING!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK peeps, it's time to light up Rep Kevin Hern's phones and email!

I just discovered that he is one of 92 bipartisan cosponsors on H.R.838 - Threat Assessment, Prevention, and Safety Act of 2019. https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/838/text

If it becomes law (which I think Trump would sign it without batting an eye) it would have serious 2nd Amendment implications. Cribbed from a national board:

"Not later than 30 days after the date of enactment of this Act, the Secretary shall establish within the Department of Homeland Security a Joint Behavioral Threat Assessment and Management Task Force (referred to in this Act as the “Task Force”).

"BEHAVIORAL THREAT ASSESSMENT AND MANAGEMENT.—The term “behavioral threat assessment and management” means the systematic and evidence-based process of—

(A) identifying individuals who are exhibiting patterns of concerning behavior that indicate an interest, motive, intention, or capability of carrying out an act of violence;

(B) investigating and gathering information from multiple sources to assess whether an individual described in subparagraph (A) poses a threat, based on articulable facts; and

(C) the subsequent management of such a threat, if necessary."

Also,

"Not later than 30 days after the date of enactment of this Act, the Secretary shall establish within the Department of Homeland Security a Joint Behavioral Threat Assessment and Management Task Force (referred to in this Act as the “Task Force”)."

Continued,

"It shall be the duty of the Task Force to provide recommendations to the appropriate committees of Congress and the Secretary on the development and implementation of a national strategy for preventing targeted violence through behavioral threat assessment and management (referred to in this Act as the “national strategy”)."

Of course that's not all..

"RULES AND PROCEDURES.—Any member of the Task Force may propose to develop or change existing operating rules and procedures of the Task Force consistent with the functions of the Task Force. Any change to such operating rules and procedures shall be adopted upon a majority vote of the Task Force."

And of course the money to fund it all...

There are authorized to be appropriated to carry out sections 7 and 8 $25,000,000 for each of fiscal years 2020 through 2024.

Tl;dr: They want a task force accountable to no one except the Secretary of DHS, actively searching for "threats" and "managing them", who can change their own rules at will. and will have $100M at their disposal to carry out this expansion of governmental oversight on American citizens.

So take the Patriot Act and throw in $100M dollars worth of PreCrime. I'm hoping Rep. Hern simply didn't read this Bill before signing on. If he did read it, he needs to be primaried next year!
:angry3:

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I take that to mean they'll be trolling social media and sites like this one, then visiting peoples houses to neutralize the threat.

It could literally be anything the Task Force decides (with the approval of the DHS Secretary).

The Task Force shall be composed of not more than 24 members as follows:

(i) The Secretary or a designee with a position classified at GS–15 or above.
(ii) Not more than 2 representatives of a nongovernmental organization that is determined by the Secretary to have expertise in behavioral threat assessment and management.
(iii) Not more than 2 mental health service professionals with clinical experience who are determined by the Secretary to have expertise in behavioral threat assessment and management.
(iv) One State or local prosecutor who is determined by the Secretary to have expertise in behavioral threat assessment and management.
(v) Not more than 2 representatives from an educational entity who are determined by the Secretary to have expertise in behavioral threat assessment and management.
(vi) Not more than 2 representatives from local behavioral threat assessment and management units who are determined by the Secretary to have expertise in behavioral threat assessment and management.
(vii) Not more than 2 representatives from State behavioral threat assessment and management units who are determined by the Secretary to have expertise in behavioral threat assessment and management.
(viii) One expert in behavioral threat assessment and management appointed by the head of each of the following entities:
(I) The National Threat Assessment Center of the United States Secret Service.
(II) The Protective Intelligence and Assessment Division of the United States Secret Service.
(III) The Behavioral Analysis Unit–1 of the Critical Incident Response Group of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(IV) The Joint Terrorism Task Force of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(V) The Office of Protective Intelligence of the United States Marshals Service of the Department of Justice.
(VI) The Office on Violence Against Women of the Department of Justice.
(VII) The Naval Criminal Investigative Service of the Department of the Navy.
(VIII) The Threat Assessment Section of the United States Capitol Police.
(IX) The Department of Education.
(X) The Department of Health and Human Services.
(XI) The Department of Veterans Affairs.
(XII) The Office of Protective Intelligence Investigations of the Diplomatic Security Service of the Department of State.

So we know that the U.S. government has abused the Patriot Act, illegally spied on American Citizens, conspired with private sector service providers to track American Citizens without a warrant or probable cause, weaponized the DoJ against the 2nd Amendment, weaponized the IRS against conservative groups, conspired to deny DoD service members their rights and Due Process, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseum.

Do we trust them now to set up some Star Chamber and not have it abused to the detriment of American Citizens at some point in the future? How about the SPLC, NYC/NYS prosecutor, anti-gun "experts" from Johns Hopkins or UC Irvine sitting in judgement of American citizens? I certainly don't! :nolike:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I take that to mean they'll be trolling social media and sites like this one, then visiting peoples houses to neutralize the threat.

Well Doh! That's why I have a secret screen name so they can't see who I really am. Figure it out man! Figure it out! Jeebus...:homer:
Joel

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing this out. I’ve never written a congressional critter before, but I did on this. I’m probably on 27 more lists now and one of the first to be investigated when this passes, but hey, it’s time to stand and fight. Let them hear us and have a chance to repent before being voted out.

Let them hear from all of US!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom