1st modest safe suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buy the plug in dehumidifier. You wont' have to worry about it again. You'll loose some room inside if you mount it on the floor like I did, but that justified getting a slightly larger safe too.
View attachment 279091

This. Don't just set it and forget it though. Like I tell my wife, touch it every once in a while to see if it is still working.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Doubles as a storm shelter
144CE0BF-0318-4211-8C4B-1BC187F1CAC9.png

J/K good luck with your purchase sir!

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a question about the Bear Safes. They look very stout but it is hard to see the locking mechanism and how it works. From their website it looks like there are only two points the door locks at behind the padlock? Is it jsut a steel stud that locks behind a heavy gauge steel hook or plate? Are two points of contact good enough for heavy duty prying, etc, like you see on some videos?

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a question about the Bear Safes. They look very stout but it is hard to see the locking mechanism and how it works. From their website it looks like there are only two points the door locks at behind the padlock? Is it jsut a steel stud that locks behind a heavy gauge steel hook or plate? Are two points of contact good enough for heavy duty prying, etc, like you see on some videos?
It locks through it. Not behind it. There is no prying it. I’ve two that are 1/4 plate. I don’t think there are pry pars and big boys big enough to break it. Prying isn’t happening. Torches or some type of cutter. It won’t be quick.

Latest posts

Top Bottom