2 Man Bass Boat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have experience with that particular model. But I fished from a similar 2-man boat for many years, and was impressed at how versatile it was. I put a motor on the front and back, and built a taller chair for it. Many fond memories with that rig.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One particular disadvantage of this design is it catches a lot of wind, and it took me quite some time to learn to deal with that. This is one advantage of the fishing kayaks that have become popular because they get you and the boat down low as possible.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a Bass Baby; it's got two wheels built in the back and fits inside the wheel wells of a standard pickup bed.
I put a trailer tongue jack/wheel on the front, so I can just take out of the truck and walk it down to the water.
Like YG mentioned, it's a bit of a pain in wind.

It's only 8 feet long, so it's really tight for two people, but works great by myself.
[Broken External Image]

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thx for the feedback everyone. The bass baby is nice with the wheels. That would definitely save some hull life! I'm gonna check those out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did learn to deal with the boat in wind (and simultaneously learned to fish in the wind). I was determined to learn to bass fish, and for several years went regularly (I mean, very regularly) regardless of weather. I later-on bought a large bass boat that would allow me to compete in tournaments, but often missed the handiness and usefulness of of the small boat. Once you master controlling the boat, it won't keep you from catching fish at all. Buy the best motor and battery you can afford (don't cut corners there), be damn sure to always have a paddle with you because you'll end up using it more than you think (and it might literally save your life), and wear a life vest anytime you're alone and it might be dangerous if you fall out (e.g., when it's bitterly cold out, or really windy with large waves). You'll get wet, and will probably fall in (even if rarely), but you'll have a blast doing it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom