2 MWC High School Students Charged With Setting Girl's Hair On Fire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.news9.com/story/24632907/2-mwc-high-school-students-charged-with-arson-suspended

MIDWEST CITY, Oklahoma - Two students at Midwest City High School have been suspended from school and charged with first degree arson. Charges were filed late Monday afternoon against two 15-year-old girls.

Court papers state on January 8, the two girls took a lighter and set another classmate's hair on fire. The class was in the commons area of Midwest City High School doing a class activity when it happened.

Court papers state surveillance video showed the two girls lighting the baby flyaways on the back of the female student's neck. And when they did, a large portion of the student's hair caught on fire, and they got it out. Court papers also state one of the girls said she did it to "freak her out."

Neither girl is in custody.

Stacey Boyer with Mid-Del Schools confirms lighters are not allowed on campus and released the following statement.

"We have taken immediate disciplinary action regarding the incident at Midwest City High School. The students involved have been removed from the school for the remainder of the school year. As always, student safety is a priority for Mid-Del schools."

Midwest City police did not want to comment on the investigation. The girls are being charged as youthful offenders.

Last edited:

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's the real question. What was the intent?

Agreed, would enjoy taking some people I dealt with in school for a ride in the country to give a little payback.

If it was stupidity they deserve to be expelled and make them drop a grade as well they can be the overgrown rejects if they are allowed back in the system if at all.

If it was on purpose they need to be charged with a hate crime where they can finish their schooling in a state penitentiary.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess and eye for an eye would be too much to ask for. Intent or not, If I "accidently" set someones hair on fire, then my punish was the same, but I wouldn't play with fire. Too FR%^&*(IO pc in the world today. Expelled for rest of the year. Let the parents or lack of deal with the geniuses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom