2 MWC High School Students Charged With Setting Girl's Hair On Fire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to court records, Kayleigh Wagaman took her lighter out and “lit it behind the victim to freak her out.”

The affidavit adds the second suspect, Kaila Stowe, took the lighter and “she lit… little strands of hair hanging down near the victim’s neck… and a large portion of her hair caught on fire.”

That suspect says she never intended to commit a crime.

The suspect said, “Yeah. I didn’t mean for it to catch all on fire.”

NewsChannel 4 also went to the second suspect’s house but was quickly told to leave.

One suspect’s relative said, “We’re not going to answer any questions. Our attorney is James Pasquali. You’re welcome to talk to him.”

Pasquali wrote in a statement, “I believe there is somewhat of a misunderstanding here. I believe this matter will be sorted out fairly.”...

http://kfor.com/2014/02/04/two-teen...d-of-setting-students-hair-on-fire-at-school/

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So was this stupidity a prank on a friend that went bad or is it a couple of a couple of little turds bullying?

According to court records, Kayleigh Wagaman took her lighter out and “lit it behind the victim to freak her out.”

The affidavit adds the second suspect, Kaila Stowe, took the lighter and “she lit… little strands of hair hanging down near the victim’s neck… and a large portion of her hair caught on fire.”

That suspect says she never intended to commit a crime.

The suspect said, “Yeah. I didn’t mean for it to catch all on fire.”

NewsChannel 4 also went to the second suspect’s house but was quickly told to leave.

One suspect’s relative said, “We’re not going to answer any questions. Our attorney is James Pasquali. You’re welcome to talk to him.”

Pasquali wrote in a statement, “I believe there is somewhat of a misunderstanding here. I believe this matter will be sorted out fairly.”...

http://kfor.com/2014/02/04/two-teen...d-of-setting-students-hair-on-fire-at-school/

Ya I agree.......If this is just kids goofing off, then I think everyone is over reacting. Suspended, meh, ok.....expelled.....no.....charged with arson?...thats stupid.

Who hasn't done some dumb **** to a friend before and weren't even caught, much less expelled. If it was bullying or malicious then that would be different. My gosh, this is no different than shooting someone with a bottle rocket or roman candle. Lighten up, no one got hurt..............

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Way to much over reaction.

Hell, in my days, the fashion statement was white jeans for the rich kids. Those of us on the other side of the RR tracks raised the wick of our zippo's and blacked the butt side of their jeans without them knowing. :D

Burning the hair was over the top. That could have gone bad.

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Way to much over reaction.

Hell, in my days, the fashion statement was white jeans for the rich kids. Those of us on the other side of the RR tracks raised the wick of our zippo's and blacked the butt side of their jeans without them knowing. :D

Burning the hair was over the top. That could have gone bad.

Glad to hear there is still someone around with some common sense. Funny the irony of opinions here.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, it is. But you would think setting a building on fire would be an arson charge, not somebodys hair.

There are different degrees of Arson. First degree applies when a structure is occupied or a person is burned.

Oklahoma Statutes Citationized
Title 21. Crimes and Punishments
Chapter 56 - Arson
Section 1401 - Arson in the First Degree - Punishment
Cite as: O.S. §, __ __

A. Any person who willfully and maliciously sets fire to or burns, or by the use of any explosive device, accelerant, ignition device, heat-producing device or substance, destroys in whole or in part, or causes to be burned or destroyed, or aids, counsels or procures the burning or destruction of any building or structure or contents thereof, inhabited or occupied by one or more persons, whether the property of that person or another, or who willfully and maliciously sets fire to or burns, or by the use of any explosive device, accelerant, ignition device, heat-producing device or substance causes a person to be burned, or aids, counsels or procures the burning of a person shall, upon conviction, be guilty of arson in the first degree, which is a felony, and shall be punished by a fine not to exceed Twenty-five Thousand Dollars ($25,000.00), or by imprisonment in the custody of the Department of Corrections for not more than thirty-five (35) years, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

B. Any person who, while manufacturing, attempting to manufacture or endeavoring to manufacture a controlled dangerous substance in violation of subsection G of Section 2-401 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes, destroys in whole or in part, or causes to be burned or destroyed, or aids, counsels or procures the burning or destruction of any building or contents thereof, inhabited or occupied by one or more persons whether the property of that person or another, or who while manufacturing or attempting to manufacture a controlled dangerous substance in violation of subsection G of Section 2-401 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes causes a person to be burned, or aids, counsels or procures the burning of a person shall, upon conviction, be guilty of arson in the first degree, which is a felony, and shall be punished by a fine not to exceed Twenty-five Thousand Dollars ($25,000.00) and by imprisonment in the custody of the Department of Corrections for not more than thirty-five (35) years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom