2 Tulsa Officers shot last night

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeebus! We need a revolving prayer wheel!

https://fox4kc.com/news/ridekc-bus-driver-hailed-as-hero-after-suspect-shoots-her-and-officer/

https://www.kshb.com/news/crime/kcpd-officer-shot-near-31st-street-van-brunt-boulevard

Oh Almighty God,
Whose Great Power and Eternal Wisdom Embraces the Universe,
Watch Over All Policemen and Law Enforcement Officers.
Protect Them from Harm in the Performance of Their Duty to Stop Crime, Robberies, Riots, and Violence.
We Pray,
Help Them Keep Our Streets and Homes Safe Day and Night.
We Recommend Them to Your Loving Care Because Their Duty is Dangerous.
Grant Them Your Unending Strength and Courage in Their Daily Assignments.
Dear God,
Protect These Brave Men and Women,
Grant Them Your Almighty Protection,
Unite Them Safely with Their Families After Duty Has Ended.
Amen.
Amen

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, it turns out the SUV was stopped. Pulled over on the shoulder, and stopped to allow the procession go by.

The driver was interrogated and released. It wasn't her fault. She was stopped on the shoulder. Off the road. Like she was supposed to be.

Anyone want to reconsider anything they have stated in this thread ?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, it turns out the SUV was stopped. Pulled over on the shoulder, and stopped to allow the procession go by.

The driver was interrogated and released. It wasn't her fault. She was stopped on the shoulder. Off the road. Like she was supposed to be.

I didn't see where anyone passed blame on the driver. I think most were responding to douchey statements made in an unfortunate situation. I don't think most people will change their mind in that regard.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't see where anyone passed blame on the driver. I think most were responding to douchey statements made in an unfortunate situation. I don't think most people will change their mind in that regard.
No i reckon just a driving error that all of us make from time to time. May have had some distraction due to what was going on behind him, or the driver could have even been distracted by the procession and tried to slow down and get over and caused the contact.

No matter what, it is still a terrible accident at a terrible time.

According to the live video, at least when I posted it, the pilot mentioned the grey suv pulled out in front of the procession.
Just my opinion, I bet the driver saw the long line of vehicles and tried to beat it and didn’t see the motorcycles.

Talked to a buddy of mine that works for OHP (on scene). Said SUV pulled out in front of motorcycles, no time for them to avoid hitting it.......Tragic occurrence of events.

Gee, let's reread these posts. See anywhere that could be trying to shift the blame to the SUV driver ?

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gee, let's reread these posts. See anywhere that could be trying to shift the blame to the SUV driver ?

That’s the problem with everyone making assumptions based on the most common cause before knowing the facts of the specific situation.

Edited to add:

You see two cars at the intersection at a stop light. Front car has rear end damage. Rear car has front end damage.

Everyone assumes the rear car hit the front car. People speculate they were texting and not paying attention and hit the front car stopped at the red light or whatever scenario cones to mind. Turns out the car in front went passed the curb line and there was cross traffic. They got spooked and backed up quickly into vehicle behind them.

Was the observers who made the assumptions trying to shift the blame? Or simply criticizing the most common reason when cars are positioned this way in an accident?

Last edited:

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was the observers who made the assumptions trying to shift the blame? Or simply criticizing the most common reason when cars are positioned this way in an accident?

Or were the observers trying to influence non-witnesses?
Perhaps attempting to make one see something that isn't there, but benefits (or at least doesn't hurt) you?

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or were the observers trying to influence non-witnesses?
Perhaps attempting to make one see something that isn't there, but benefits (or at least doesn't hurt) you?

So your reading into their intentions and making assumptions seems to be trying to influence other parties to judge people based on their comments.

How is that any different, if not worse?

[emoji2]

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yes.... lets. I won't speak for HJB, dude speaks from his rear half the time. However, the first douchey comment was made and others chimed in on what they know generally. I really don't see trying unless they straight up lied about what they were told by the pilot or friend. That's up to you if you want to call them a liar.

There's an underlying reason some people are foaming at the mouth to criticize LE here.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

No. Dicks will be dicks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom