2 Tulsa Officers shot last night

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So your reading into their intentions and making assumptions seems to be trying to influence other parties to judge people based on their comments.

How is that any different, if not worse?

[emoji2]
I wasn't reading anything into anything. Just tossing out another option.

You presented 2 options, I presented another. I didn't say I believed it, nor did I present it as truth.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's an underlying reason some people are foaming at the mouth to criticize LE here.

The way I see it, there seems to be an underlying reason that some people are always covering for LE.

All this talk on this forum about taking personal responsibility, and it seems the LE community isn't taking that seriously.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The way I see it, there seems to be an underlying reason that some people are always covering for LE.

All this talk on this forum about taking personal responsibility, and it seems the LE community isn't taking that seriously.

The way I see it, this has more to do with your bias than ours.

We all know Ted has a chip on his shoulder about LE, it seems you do too.

Your "personal responsibility" concern would hold water IF people were apologizing for the actions of the LE who crashed. Nobody is doing that.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Through my career, personal, and family life, I have had the opportunity to associate with a great many individuals in law enforcement. Of all those associations, I can only think of one individual who was a disservice to the profession. That's probably a better ratio than most professions.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The way I see it, this has more to do with your bias than ours.

We all know Ted has a chip on his shoulder about LE, it seems you do too.

Your "personal responsibility" concern would hold water IF people were apologizing for the actions of the LE who crashed. Nobody is doing that.
I don't believe I have a "chip on my shoulder" about LE. I do see a double standard.

For instance, a citizen is in traffic court involving a red light ticket. There is no video. Cop says the citizen ran the light, citizen (who had no moving violations for over 30 years) says No, it was yellow when I entered intersection.

Word against word. Nobody has any proof. Which way do you think it will go ? I know which way it went, I saw it happen.

As for apologizing for the actions of the LE that caused the wreck (I presume you mean 'apologize' in the sense of an apologia, an explanation), I see nobody doing that.

I also saw nobody (except li'l ol' me) bringing up that it was NOT the citizens fault. It was the cop that caused it. You know, the motorcycle cop, with all the extra training in driving ? Yeah, him. The guy with the clear road in front of him, 3 lanes wide.

Why am I the only one that brought it up ? Fair is fair. Everyone jumped all over the citizen, offering probable causes. Why no speculation about the cop ?

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't believe I have a "chip on my shoulder" about LE. I do see a double standard.

For instance, a citizen is in traffic court involving a red light ticket. There is no video. Cop says the citizen ran the light, citizen (who had no moving violations for over 30 years) says No, it was yellow when I entered intersection.

Word against word. Nobody has any proof. Which way do you think it will go ? I know which way it went, I saw it happen.

As for apologizing for the actions of the LE that caused the wreck (I presume you mean 'apologize' in the sense of an apologia, an explanation), I see nobody doing that.

I also saw nobody (except li'l ol' me) bringing up that it was NOT the citizens fault. It was the cop that caused it. You know, the motorcycle cop, with all the extra training in driving ? Yeah, him. The guy with the clear road in front of him, 3 lanes wide.

Why am I the only one that brought it up ? Fair is fair. Everyone jumped all over the citizen, offering probable causes. Why no speculation about the cop ?
Don't let your alligator overload your hummingbird....

We still do not really know what happened. One comment on here and you have convicted the cop. Maybe right, maybe not.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I watched this unfold on TV yesterday, the media first speculated that the SUV pulled out in front of the procession. So, that's on them. They shouldn't be speculating to begin with, unless they have some reliable information to base it on. Of course, others then piled on. It certainly seemed plausible. Now, it seems the SUV was legally parked and the trooper ran into the rear of a parked vehicle, setting off a chain reaction. Why? Don't know. Hopefully, he will fully recover and be able to provide some input as to what actually caused all of this. Right now, our concern should be with the welfare of the troopers involved. Prayers for all of them. Just my :twocents:

Latest posts

Top Bottom