2 Tulsa Officers shot last night

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
CRAIG JOHNSON
Sergeant Craig Johnson succumbed to gunshot wounds sustained the previous morning when he was shot multiple times during a traffic stop near the intersection of East 21st Street and South 89th East Avenue.

An officer on Sergeant Johnson's squad had conducted the traffic stop at 3:30 am and determined the vehicle had to be impounded. The driver refused to exit the vehicle despite the use of de-escalation techniques and non-lethal force, including pepper spray and a taser. As Sergeant Craig and the other officer continued their attempts to remove the driver, the man reached under the driver's seat and retrieved a handgun. He opened fire on both officers, striking each multiple times in the head and torso.

The man then fled the scene with the assistance of a friend whom he had called for help during the traffic stop.

The subject was arrested later in the day and subsequently charged with first-degree murder. The friend who aided his escape was charged with being an accessory to a felony.

The other officer who was shot remains in critical condition.

Sergeant Johnson had served with the Tulsa Police Department for 15 years.

MourningBadge1.jpg

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the defendant is a sovcit? Parts of this story sound like he might be...

I don't think so - seems to be a dope fiend that didn't want to go back to jail.

But, yeah, I can see where resisting over tax collection might lead one to that conclusion.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
God bless his soul and help his family.

Lots of the local police departments here in Texas are sending out messages to their organizations and supporter groups. I'm sure some of our local officers will be in Tulsa.

So, so sad.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom