2 weeks notice...how do ya do it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dug my old one up, it always goes something like this:
Dear Boss,

I would like to inform you that I am resigning from my position as the Position at Employer. My last day of employment will be June 27, 2016. I have accepted an offer of employment at Blah Company.

This was not an easy decision and it took a great deal of consideration and analysis. However, please be assured that I will do all I can to assist in the smooth transfer of my responsibilities before leaving.

<Thank you for specific opportunities>.

I wish you and Intel all the best for the future.

Yours Sincerely,
Your Name

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have sick leave accumulated, look into if they will pay you for it.
When I left one company, they paid me for a couple months of sick leave. Nice bonus.
The company I retired from does not pay you for accumulated sick leave. I knew I was leaving within a year and made sure to leave no sick leave on the books.
A friend that worked for the same company that retired with 35 years of service had accumulated the maximum sick leave, and for years let the books roll over with him taking only a few days in his tenure with the company.
A year after he retired I asked him if he regretted anything working for the company. He said that he regretted not using his sick pay.
At his retirement party, they never mentioned his loyalty to the company for not using it. He had years built up in sick leave.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just call them all into one room and play the old song "Take this job and shove it"...

You went about it the correct way.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apparently one of my coworkers does not approve of my decision.

Was in the shop talking to a manager this morning and a coworker came walking up and looked at me and pretended to spit on my feet as he walked by. Manager said "Well that was weird".

Adios dude!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently one of my coworkers does not approve of my decision.

Was in the shop talking to a manager this morning and a coworker came walking up and looked at me and pretended to spit on my feet as he walked by. Manager said "Well that was weird".

Adios dude!

Well, there's another reason to leave, isn't there!

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've moved on from jobs before. Two weeks written notice each time and nothing about why or where I was going. The last time was the weirdest - I was asked to keep my departure secret. The first week of my notice period my boss took a week of vacation. My departure wasn't announced to my co-workers until 3:30 PM of my last day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom