2 years sober

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUDMAN-BILL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck to you,
Congratulations, I'm very glad for you sir.

A very encouraging thread, I've just started. Day 2 for me.
good luck to you. I wish you the best. One thing that I really had going for me, other than understanding family and friends is that I wanted to stop. I was sick of it.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congratulations, man. I’m at 38 days. I did do a 30 day impatient program In Cushing, which was a great place. I really needed to get some separation from the places and people I was hanging. I could have went it alone but, I didn’t really want any distractions. Fortunately I’ve had great support from my family like you. Feeling so much better. Drinking just wasn’t fun anymore.

BUDMAN-BILL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations, man. I’m at 38 days. I did do a 30 day impatient program In Cushing, which was a great place. I really needed to get some separation from the places and people I was hanging. I could have went it alone but, I didn’t really want any distractions. Fortunately I’ve had great support from my family like you. Feeling so much better. Drinking just wasn’t fun anymore.
Thats where I went, excellent place. The food wasn’t bad either. I went in for a little less than 3 weeks.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It seems like a lot of people are changing their drinking habits especially after the pandemic.

When you get away from it a bit, you start thinking, why the heck do I pour that toxic substance in my body?

Went on a camping trip recently. Cooler full of beer. Guys over 40. No one got wasted. No problems, all chill, caught fish. Sipping beer all day though. All of us felt like crap after. I know I did. Doesn’t take all that much to ruin days. Borrowing happiness from the future at a poor exchange rate. The way I try to look at it now, it’s toxic to the body, nothing good can come from it. Wish I could convince my brother to start thinking about the cost.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It seems like a lot of people are changing their drinking habits especially after the pandemic.

When you get away from it a bit, you start thinking, why the heck do I pour that toxic substance in my body?

Went on a camping trip recently. Cooler full of beer. Guys over 40. No one got wasted. No problems, all chill, caught fish. Sipping beer all day though. All of us felt like crap after. I know I did. Doesn’t take all that much to ruin days. Borrowing happiness from the future at a poor exchange rate. The way I try to look at it now, it’s toxic to the body, nothing good can come from it. Wish I could convince my brother to start thinking about the cost.

There was definitely a few that Covid accelerated their boozing including myself. Definitely a weird and anxious time leaving a lot of people with spare time on their hands and also working from home presented opportunities.
Hope all is well Jason. It’s been awhile.

Latest posts

Top Bottom