$20 an hour in Tulsa area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would imagine ISTI or Westerman/(whoever bought them out) out at the port would also be hiring. They generally are, and they have tons of work lined up, at least they did in January when I retired. I doubt it’s changed much in 8 months.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, avoid it. The drug use there is rampant. They do not drug test unless you are a boss of some sort. They had a person O.D. there and they didn't fire them. A lot of high school drama there too. A good friend of mine worked there over a year. I recruited her to come across the street with me.
What is across the street? Nordam?

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
UPS should be hiring for the holidays. That would be a way to get your foot in the door for a permanent position.
When I retired from the USAF in 1997, my first temp job was for UPS, over the Thanksgiving & Christmas holidays. It ended on New Years Eve, and they told me to apply, but they never called me. One of the supervisors told me they didn't usually hire seasonal workers, so I went on with my life. I was relatively young at 42, and healthy. But I was also told that drivers had all spent several years loading trucks, and they did not hire from outside.

Can't tell you if any of that was really a policy or them just trying to get the most out of a temp. I'm pretty well broke down now, and if I took such a job now it would be attempted suicide. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom