$20 an hour in Tulsa area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes sir applied there yesterday! Really wanting that job!
I worked there from 1986-2000.
Get your foot in the door and get to the batch/furnace/hot end as soon as possible. Usually everyone starts in the cold end, and it sucks, but if you can hold out and get a batch/furnace job that where the fun is.

Virtuaguyver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in Inola and was working in Catoosa until a month ago. My last job moved me to second shift with no pay difference and made me run 2 cnc machines. I was only getting $18, other places paid a little more, but Catoosa was just convient. I finally quit and found a warehouse job in Tulsa paying $20, only a week later, half the work for more pay. So yea they are out there for sure, good luck!

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go sign up for email alerts on Indeed, you can search specific jobs on there and they'll send you new jobs/jobs that match your criteria daily...lots of oilfield jobs if you want to keep on doing that, I'm actually swapping jobs pretty quick in the field myself

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to leave my current job & need to try and make a better living & thinking I'll probably have to drive to the Tulsa area I'd need to make $20 or better an hour to make it work

I welded right out of highschool but that was 1996 so doubt I could pass a test these days without some serious practice. I have a class A CDL with every endorsement except hazmat and I've had it before. I honestly suck at pulling a trailer so I'd be best to stick to class b driving. My wife has some serious health issues or I'd go over the road but I can't leave her alone

Anywhere a guy can make that much starting out in the Tulsa area or am I sol?

Thanks in advance for your help if you have any suggestions
Gee I sure wish it was here in Idaho for you. Lots of jobs here with good pay. I wish you all the luck in the world at finding something.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plenty of jobs in construction should get ya $20hr, if you’re skilled. Call every weld up steel building company in the area! Usually they stay busy and always need welders.

You’d need to be able to climb ladders and deal with the physical toll
Physical toll is the tough part. Ten years ago I could still climb around and weld. I can still weld but no climbing. I passed the Navy test in 1960. I used to do Stick, Heli Arc, Inner shield and Submerged Arc. Friend of mine makes a good living repairing farm equipment working out of New and Used tractor dealers business's and most work is freelance. Being that you are a former welder it will come back sooner than you think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom