200 Musicians Sign ‘Billboard’s Open Letter to Congress For Gun Control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Truly though, there is nothing you and I can do. Fight it through democracy and support our view points, yes. That being said, with the ever increasing governmental overreach and the widespread lies through media and celebrities all we can truly do is prepare for the inevitable gun ban. Not to sound all doom and gloom or to wear a tin foil hat, it's just acceptance of reality.
A few days back someone mentioned that we need to go on the offense with pro gun facts. This would be best done by organizations like the NRA, GOA, etc. I'd love to see pro gun television commercials with facts - Example Number of Guns in US versus Gun Deaths which is a favorable graph for gun owners. Also, the video a few days back where GOA presented conclusions by the FBI for a study on the number of lives saved because of guns. Even billboards that tally the number of mass shootings in gun free zones versus mass shootings in gun friendly zones.

I like the idea of a best defense is a good offense. It would take money for this type of campaign but I think it would put information into the hands of the public that the MSM refuses to cover.

RugerSooner

Speedy Gonzalez
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't think I mean to just roll over and let them take away firearms from this country. I just fear that our voice and actions have no bearing on the actual goings on of this country. I agree with your stance that a good defense is the best offense, although I tend to think that word of mouth goes further than lobbying

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Truly though, there is nothing you and I can do. Fight it through democracy and support our view points, yes. That being said, with the ever increasing governmental overreach and the widespread lies through media and celebrities all we can truly do is prepare for the inevitable gun ban. Not to sound all doom and gloom or to wear a tin foil hat, it's just acceptance of reality.

I think reality will end up with us trading in our tinfoil hats for Kevlar if gun registration/confiscation is not halted in the political arena.

Woody

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Out of the people who signed this, how many are dopeheads and domestic abusers and felons who can't pass a background check and own a gun?
Just a bunch of people who think since they're prohibited everyone else should be too.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
To paraphrase Alice Cooper when he was once asked about "rock stars" delivering political messages at their concerts .... "It's a stupid business with a lot of really stupid people. Should you really care what they say?"

bluedog46

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many of these celebs live in gated communities, walled estates, have their own bodyguards, etc., etc. I wouldn't expect anything else from elitist, arrogant, hypocritical, double standard lib dems from Hollywood(or anywhere else for that matter).

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollyw...billy-joel-musicians-sign-letter-gun-control/
200 Musicians Sign ‘Billboard’s Open Letter to Congress For Gun Control
by AWR HAWKINS 23 Jun 2016

Problem with most liberals ( especially white liberals) they live in the most exclusive white neighborhoods and don't deal with interactions many of us deal with? NO they don't. Drop some of them in south side Chicago and see how liberal they stay. No guns or security just be an average person like us.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like music as much as the anyone else and I have a lot of friends that are well known professional musicians. They are a lot of fun and we have some great times. Almost all of them are liberal in their politics and most are for more gun control.

I don't consider any of them intelligent.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
What is funny is the so called love and understanding libs keep screaming "take the guns" When the issue is generally political, religious
or like this case mental illness.
This kid had obvious signs he was headed no where good, yet the teachers, the school admins, care takers and his peers all ignored his clearly disturbing behavior.

Latest posts

Top Bottom