2010 Osa Silencer Shoot!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just to clarify, I'd only want factory loaded FMJ's run thru any of my cans.
I'd prefer shooter's buy the ammo from the range, as I don't want to take cases & cases of ammo with me. I'd not want shooters to bring there own, since I wouldn't be able to regulate whether they were reloaded or factory.
Not trying to be a prick but I'm not rich. I couldn't just say oh well & replace a can that got messed up due to bad hand loads.

I agree with one caveat; If Lt. Colonel Major brought ammo for people to buy, or other demo providers, I'd allow that ammo as well (unless the ammo just came in a baggie or something).
It could be an incentive for USSA and/or the range to handle it this way. Dunno, just a thought.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with one caveat; If Lt. Colonel Major brought ammo for people to buy, or other demo providers, I'd allow that ammo as well (unless the ammo just came in a baggie or something).
It could be an incentive for USSA and/or the range to handle it this way. Dunno, just a thought.

I'm cool with that too, I just don't want someone's super hot or grossly under powered rounds tearing up my cans.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with Jeff and Wall. New factory ammo only. Preferably purchased from USSA that day. And the barrels should be threaded by Tornado Tech, ADCO, Mechanical Accuracy, or be made threaded by a reputable manufacturer, Storm Lake, Bar-Sto, etc. I'm only comfortable with those 3 threading guys. No disrespect to the guy that threaded your barrel, but cans are expensive and I'm not familiar with your local guy.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with Jeff and Wall. New factory ammo only. Preferably purchased from USSA that day. And the barrels should be threaded by Tornado Tech, ADCO, Mechanical Accuracy, or be made threaded by a reputable manufacturer, Storm Lake, Bar-Sto, etc. I'm only comfortable with those 3 threading guys. No disrespect to the guy that threaded your barrel, but cans are expensive and I'm not familiar with your local guy.

I would add Curtis Higgins at S&H arms to that list. He's well respected in the class III world and he's local. FWIW, anyone who wants to try their can on one of my threaded barrels is welcome to, but my cans will only be fired on my guns.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure there are a hundred smiths I should add to the list, but I've never heard of Mr. Higgins. I'm not familiar with his work. I don't mean to put any smith down, but I listed the three I am currently comfortable with.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure there are a hundred smiths I should add to the list, but I've never heard of Mr. Higgins. I'm not familiar with his work. I don't mean to put any smith down, but I listed the three I am currently comfortable with.

Curt is a master machinist. He worked at American Airlines as a machinist for decades before retiring. He's run S&H Arms since before the 86 ban. He is THE guy for FA conversions of FNC's. He does excellent HK FA conversions that command a premium (not all HK conversions are equal). One of his specialties is building integrally suppressed guns, particularly on Ruger platforms. His work and his name are all over the NFA boards and a google search will turn up more that you'd ever have time to look at.

If you live in OK, are into NFA stuff and you haven't heard of him, you owe it to yourself to check it out. I'm in the process of getting one of his integrally suppressed Ruger 77/44's right now. I'm sure there are plenty of people on OSA who have examples of his work.

Cycklone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
please put me down on the list (pm so i can remember??)
i have some questions on the silencer issues..

and would love to hit it... if the timing is right!!

have to aggree on the ammo... your silencer your rules
i wouldn't let JoeSmo show up and shoot bs though my can.... i wouldn't expect you to let me run ?? though yours

thanks
Cykc

Latest posts

Top Bottom