2011 gunsmith

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCAROK

Marksman
Reaction score
I am looking for a gunsmith with extensive history of working on 2011 firearms. Needing a new trigger put in and want it done correctly. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want a 2011 guy the only place to go is Triangle Shooting Sports. Benny Hill was one of the original builders when Virgil Tripp and Sandy Strayer came up with the idea of a plastic/steel frame double stack pistol in the early 90s. Benny is still kicking and bending on guns. He is down in Corpus Christi Texas.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While the hammer, sear, and disconnector are indeed 1911 series 70 parts, the trigger is quite a bit different, as is it's removal. Most 2011 triggers are adjustable for over travel, under travel, and fit with an upper pad, lower pad, and also side to side. To keep the trigger bow centered and flat to disconnector pad. Also the pre travel and over travel amounts are different from a single stack.....so if the O.P. needs a "trigger job", yes anyone familiar with 1911s could do a fine job, but if he needs a new trigger like I think he said, it would best be done by someone familiar with 2011s.

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While the hammer, sear, and disconnector are indeed 1911 series 70 parts, the trigger is quite a bit different, as is it's removal. Most 2011 triggers are adjustable for over travel, under travel, and fit with an upper pad, lower pad, and also side to side. To keep the trigger bow centered and flat to disconnector pad. Also the pre travel and over travel amounts are different from a single stack.....so if the O.P. needs a "trigger job", yes anyone familiar with 1911s could do a fine job, but if he needs a new trigger like I think he said, it would best be done by someone familiar with 2011s.
Gotcha, I have always heard one of the benefits of the 2011 platform is the comparability with 2011 parts!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want a 2011 guy the only place to go is Triangle Shooting Sports. Benny Hill was one of the original builders when Virgil Tripp and Sandy Strayer came up with the idea of a plastic/steel frame double stack pistol in the early 90s. Benny is still kicking and bending on guns. He is down in Corpus Christi Texas.
Was he affiliated with Para? I thought they were the first in the 80's

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, Benny detests Para Ordinance. Paras are a steel framed pistol. STI/SVI pistols were a steel upper frame and a polymer grip w/ Integral trigger guard. Yes, Para was the first double stack 1911 type pistol, but their quality was not real high like STI and SVI. Here is a good image of an STI frame
Screenshot_20211229-202559.png

Last edited:

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Kurt M dinosaur it’s called staccato now. You pronounce it the same way it sounds by sneezing with a mouthful of spaghetti bolognese

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, Benny detests Para Ordinance. Paras are a steel framed pistol. STI/SVI pistols were a steel upper frame and a polymer grip w/ Integral trigger guard. Yes, Para was the first double stack 1911 type pistol, but their quality was not real high like STI and SVI. Here is a good image of an STI frameView attachment 243052
Steel? I always thought they were aluminum because the feed ramp on mine was always getting damaged by the bullet casing. They were a POS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom