2011 OK Section USPSA Championship

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More info from the Match Director...

"Hi Folks;

As previously mentioned, we’re planning an Oklahoma Sectional May 28[sup]th[/sup] [with the 29[sup]th[/sup] as an alternate day if needed]. The format will be an 8 stage match, one day, including a lunch – that’s the current plan. We are still making some decisions.

Usually, I’m the one who draws up the stages for our monthly matches – at least “a place to deviate from”, since as we get more heads looking at it and see it in real life we frequently get ‘twisted and evil’ ideas to enhance the original idea. In putting on a Sectional, one of the things we need to do is obtain approval for the stages through NROI in advance.

Here’s my thought: If anyone has a really good stage design in mind that you might like to see in a Sectional, draw it up and send it to me. No promises, but as we put together a stack of potential stages, it would be nice to have some fresh ideas by those of you who shoot. The courses need to be something we can realistically build and run, and we’re probably looking for round counts in the upper 20s.

I will plan on sending our final stage plans to USPSA toward the end of February, so any submissions would need to be sent to me by mid February so we can assemble, adjust, and narrow down the selection to fit the match.

Thanks.

John"

Last edited by a moderator:

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
2011 Oklahoma Sectional
Limited & Production Divisions
Hosted by the Oklahoma City Gun Club – IPSC Division
May 28,, 2011

The OKC Gun Club is pleased to hold the 2011 Oklahoma Sectional, recognizing both Limited and Production Divisions. This match is open to any USPSA member. It is not mandatory that a shooter be classified in the Division. If you are not a member, we can sign you up as an associate member for $25 or it can be done online at http://www.uspsa.org.

Beyond the regular club matches the debate continues about prize tables and match fees. What seems to have worked well for us in the past is to keep the match fee low, the round count high, award nice trophies to the winners, encourage all USPSA members to compete and forego the prize table.

If you like to run & gun, this match is for you!

Match Format:
• 8 stages with an estimated minimum round count of about 230rds, no classifier
• Pre-registration is mandatory, and the match will be limited to 100 shooters
• Shooter’s Meeting promptly at 8:00AM with walk-through immediately following
• Lunch is included in the match fee; a break for lunch will be scheduled into the match
• A trophy will be awarded as the “2011 Oklahoma State Champion” in each Division awarded to the top shooter who is an Oklahoma resident.
• Trophies will be awarded for the top 3 winners in each class and division.
• No Prize Table
• Cost: $50 if registration is sent before May 1, 2011; $65 thereafter

In the event of weather delays, Sunday May 29th will be designated as an alternate day for match completion

It will be very similar format to the monthly match.

The main exception is that it will be even more fun.

SEE YOU ON THE RANGE!!!

Robert.

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I forgot to mention the deadline for the early registration.

The cost is $50 if postmarked by May 1st.

The cost goes to $65 after that.

SEE YOU ON THE RANGE!!!

Robert

G Law

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wow! What a match. Excellent stages that made my brain hurt trying to figure them out. I got to shoot with the "young guns" (Jesse, Chambers, Anderson, ) and it was a thing of beauty to watch them shoot. Thanks to those that made this match happen.
G

Latest posts

Top Bottom