2012 Rut Reports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APeterson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched a nice 10 pointer chase and mount a doe.
NE Crescent Area, North of Guthrie.
Brother harvested the Buck he had swollen neck and tarsals were lit.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going back in the morning after a 2 day break. I have three more days to hunt before going back to work for 4 days. Then its back after them again.
I'll see how the rut is going in my area.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its still on. I was driving down the road after getting down from the stand, and there were two bucks that had a doe cornered in a wheat field not 100 yds from the road. They laid there while I got my camera out, and then finding out the battery was dead, swapped battery's only to find the other dead as well. Took a fuzzy pic with the cell phone, and went down the road. they could have cared less if I was there or not.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its still on. I was driving down the road after getting down from the stand, and there were two bucks that had a doe cornered in a wheat field not 100 yds from the road. They laid there while I got my camera out, and then finding out the battery was dead, swapped battery's only to find the other dead as well. Took a fuzzy pic with the cell phone, and went down the road. they could have cared less if I was there or not.
Good thing some of those guys in the road hunters topic weren't close, they woulda shot your truck door. :-)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good thing some of those guys in the road hunters topic weren't close, they woulda shot your truck door. :-)

LOL, I thought about that before I posted it. No matter. I take tons of pics of deer and game from my truck every year. I don't do it during season if I don't know who is hunting the property though. I've had a couple of nice deer spooked by a vehicle stopping on the road to admire them. Never sent a round their way though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom