2012 Rut Reports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOTLDPONY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
saw some medium bucks they didnt care about the does, tarsels not black at all. partner shot a nice 8 not a drop of pimp juice on him. so might still be about 2 weeks out or so. gun is going to be great this year!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Reports from a couple of friends who were in the stand this evening in NC and NW Oklahoma. Both said that bucks were chaising hard, both seeing mature bucks after does as well.

Gump

New to the site!
Reaction score
This is my first post on this forum as I just found it. Please keep these reports coming!! We usually make a 2 week trip to our property near Shattuck, and we are always guessing on the activity. In past years it seems like regardless of the weather, the rut has been full swing at our place the week prior to the gun opener. We are heading out this year on 11/16, and we are hoping to time it right. Will post reports when we arrive.

CalOkie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good to hear all the new reports. It's really starting to pick up in Logan County where we hunt. We're starting to see movement from the larger bucks, several new scrapes, and the younger bucks are making mistakes visiting feeders during the day. If everthing goes as planned I'll be hunting most of the weekend and next Tuesday. We haven't shot anything yet. We're holding out for the larger bucks. Once the rut is over we'll think about filling the freezer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom