2012 Trail cam pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its getting about that time to start this years trail cam pic thread. I sent mine up last Saturday, just got back from swapping out the SD cards.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v324_264Magnum_Hunting_PICT0008.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v324_264Magnum_Hunting_PICT0010.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v324_264Magnum_Hunting_PICT0027.jpg

I found this skull when I was looking for the perfect place to set up the camera.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v324_264Magnum_Hunting_202283_10150938192753924_277877919_o.jpg

T-Money

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is certainly a nice buck in the video. What is going on with his front left shoulder? It almost looks like the shoulder blade is too big for his body the way it sticks way up creating that huge hump in his back. I have never seen anything like that.

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something I have always pondered, and may or may not be deserving of its own thread, is whether there is anything you can do to increase the likelihood of daytime buck pictures? I've never struggled to get pictures of nice deer on the trailcam but outside of the rut, pretty much all of the nicer bucks stay nocturnal. Does anyone have tricks they use (time of day when feeders throw corn, placement of food in thick cover, etc.) to draw deer out during the day?

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i would suggest a feeder and also a trophy rock set some place they fill safe coming to.and if they live close enough to your set up and there is nothing around to bother them you should be able to day time pics while they are in velvet and in bachlor groups after they break up big boys most the time do go nocturnal until the rut just the nature of the beast.
what happens alot time though is like this one place i have i put out corn next to forty acres of the thickest timber you can imagine alway get deer pics but it is always after dark for bucks,i get doe pics in day time but not the bucks and here is why about 1/2 mile from me the is mile long rig thats on sombody else that is covered in cedars for some reason thats where the bucks like to stay. when it is this hot they are not going to get up on there feet until late evening so time they get there it is dark they also haave to cross a road to get to me my add also to the sitution.i have water in pond within 50 yrds of feeder and they 40 acres that is right across the fence is thick and has'nt had a cow on it in 30 yrs nobody never goes in there you would think it would be a great sancurary but for only reason bucks know they come from over 1/2 mile cross this 40 acres to the feeder maybe the bugs ar'nt so bad on the ridge just do'nt know long story short sometime they are coming farther then we think they may be

Latest posts

Top Bottom