2016-2017 Waterfowl Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Been alternating spots, little slower this morning but we killed some birds. Zero wind.
20161227_104902.jpg
20161227_100307.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Nicely done guys and gal. No wonder why I can't seem to get many ducks or geese down here. Y'all are killing them all.

From what I hear from others, there's a ton of birds still in KS and NE. I know just in the immediate area, there's way less than before the really cold snap the weekend before last. We've yet to hunt or kill a bird over grain, which is almost unheard of for us, especially this late into the season. Was reading the other day where some guys south of I40 were killing a ton of wigeon, and they said that it was rare for them to see so this early...........well that's usually the majority of what we shoot, but they seemed to have move south already I guess.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Got into a few this morning. Shooting was awful but we managed a few and got the pup some retrieves. Only his second hunt and he's having trouble seeing the birds. But definitely better than his first hunt the other day.

He'll get the hang of it. Before long he'll remember how many landed, and just keep going back until he picks them all up!

Latest posts

Top Bottom