2016 Oklahoma Fishing Picture Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They actually looked a little malnourished. Belly's were thin which is odd because the shad are everywhere. Huge schools.
I throw netted a dozen shad and had them in the live well to have for bait if trolling didn't work. Only got home with three! They ate the rest in the live well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All last summer the lake was 32' over normal pool, and this year, it was 18-20'. Gates in the dam were wide open all summer. Sandbass have a tendency to swim down stream in a current, so consequently the fishing below the dam has improved.
Mulvane Ks had a massive rain two days ago, with the city getting flooded. All that trash and debris is floating around the upper lake now along with driftwood. Idle speed only.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was a good weekend to be on the water!

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_IMG_0906_zpsdaj01nxx.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_IMG_0912_zpscdmola33.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_IMG_0913_zps9i87m5z4.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_IMG_0923_zps4mtmktd2.jpg

We caught 59 fish total over two days. We had smallmouth, largemouth, sandbass, hybrids, one blue cat and one channel, all on crankbaits. This was Saturday's take home:

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_IMG_0939_zpso0o0sjnj.jpg

And this was Sunday's:

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_IMG_0952_zpstv3qul00.jpg

My buddy in the straw hat brought a flathead to the boat on Saturday that was about 18-20# that he caught on a jointed Rapala crankbait, but my bass fishing net was too small for it and it got off while I was trying to get my hand under the gill flap. I think I was more disappointed about not getting it in the boat for a pic than he was! Overall, it was one of the best weekend's we've had in several years. :)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder if that affected fawn recruitment? It'd force deer and predators into a more condensed area increasing their run-ins.
I doubt it had much effect. They just moved into the private ground around the lake.
The ODW just finished planting the millet around the lake, so with the 7" rain in Mulvane, they are running the gates on the dam as much as the river will take trying to maintain level.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was a good weekend to be on the water!

We caught 59 fish total over two days. We had smallmouth, largemouth, sandbass, hybrids, one blue cat and one channel, all on crankbaits. This was Saturday's take home:

My buddy in the straw hat brought a flathead to the boat on Saturday that was about 18-20# that he caught on a jointed Rapala crankbait, but my bass fishing net was too small for it and it got off while I was trying to get my hand under the gill flap. I think I was more disappointed about not getting it in the boat for a pic than he was! Overall, it was one of the best weekend's we've had in several years. :)

I'd say you had a hell of a good weekend!

Latest posts

Top Bottom