2016 Oklahoma Fishing Picture Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160402_fabf6d704fe68ef173c0848692a0d1ee.jpg

I caught some nice channels the other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes you did! Congrats. What bait were you using?

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sand bass were hitting in the river channel today, but wouldn't take anything I threw. Played in the fish nursery some and ended up with a nice crappie and a decent sunfish.
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160404_c25ac6d43dd6e5bc46fcfb9c5995f9bf.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I'm going to hit the creek in the morning. Wind is supposed to be from the North again and a front coming in, but can't catch anything from the recliner.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were actually fishing for bass this weekend when this 12.6 pound catfish decided he wanted my Rapala DT-6 crankbait. When I got the big boy to the shore I noticed he had someone else's broke back shad stuck on his lib and top of his head. In all my days bass fishing I have never had a cat hit a crackbait but this guy hit at least two.

BigCatfish2.jpg

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were actually fishing for bass this weekend when this 12.6 pound catfish decided he wanted my Rapala DT-6 crankbait. When I got the big boy to the shore I noticed he had someone else's broke back shad stuck on his lib and top of his head. In all my days bass fishing I have never had a cat hit a crackbait but this guy hit at least two.

View attachment 54924

I fish the AR river a lot, and get them quite often. Also have caught them on crankbaits on Tenkiller and Eufaula both. Also caught them on jigs and even a spinner bait.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last spring my wife and I were sacking up channel cats with a chartreuse bomber crankbait for several weeks. Biggest was about 6 pounds. I've also caught small flatheads and channel cats on Hudson with crankbaits. If they're hungry, they'll hit!

Latest posts

Top Bottom