2016 Oklahoma Fishing Picture Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice string, Porter.

I went out yesterday and fishing was slow between 4-7pm. Caught two largemouth. One on a crank bait and the other on live minnows (he ate both on a crappie rig, gluttonous fellow).

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160508_0375ff5e9a015fe0f500af250d35d9d6.jpg

Travis798

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Caught those bad boys in the spawn beds. Congrats!
Great time to be fishing, unless its in Kaw. The Dead Sea lately.

I went out on Kaw Saturday night to do some catfishing. My boat is a 16' Tracker with stick steering, so I sit at the front of the boat to drive. Man, I got SOAKED! You couldn't find an inch of dry anywhere below my waist on my way back to the ramp. Drove out with the waves, so I stayed dry until coming in. Set out at Coon Creek and headed up to the river where the water was calmer. Totally worth it. Caught a couple of 6 or so pounders and 5 this size. Didn't have my scale with me to weigh but I estimate 15-18 pounds. Largest was 28.5 inches and smallest was 24.5 inches.
IMG_20160507_215606169[1].jpg
IMG_20160507_220533793[1].jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice blues! I may have seen you and your son at pioneer ramp one day. Noticed the operator sitting forward in the boat. First one of those I've seen on the lake so it stuck in my mind.
I was in the 185 tracker tied up to the metal ramp rigging up some rods if that was you.
What were the blues biting on?

Travis798

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wouldn't have been me. I don't have children and haven't ever been out on my boat with a child. I use Washunga almost exclusively since it's close to my house and free to use the ramp, but I was putting out in the evening knowing I was going to the river after dark, so the 5 bucks for Coon seemed worth it.

Caught the blues on whole shad. Cut shad wasn't even getting a nibble. I don't know if we had Gar out there or what, but something was an expert at stealing our bait that night. I was checking bait about every 10 minutes and had bare hooks every time. Occasionally I'd still have a head on a hook but the rest would be gone below the hook. Cut bait could sit in the water and simply not get touched at all.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fished Tenkiller a couple weeks ago, caught quite a few, but none really picture worthy. A buddy of mine went the very next day, sent this pic.

8uf0LAKWH1hMAAeywnHr8L9K9JIpKveBsv9bHWfrXeOxtXUb0aarbR3GSr1dtOru3kq5krTcpMUDOBukPtj8hlZZ1AI27Ay1v1zBP9-T8vncNN8jIGogvVr4AYH17Z0bjgKyxK-p9tBTWVL8hCVVDfHKqlLyWOrIkZTWGj3XVzai1VXpBzn27E344EQoUHYGBrrJX9zZxEiFAPdyPtxIze6Iq0ceHS49JvCLH1mxUFZuuhM9HZQikyVIu72RfKmeOG8ZecxBrrJoIL56FqrVDS59MrbLIesJ_0APXbjKTuAukqngf04szUUxwEg9jAfkAWRd70-K-_mgLC-2OJSmFbOwtwGHJ-vWN3m3E2hEJPIiYeRYAJczkM7pPjoNX_sFszEW-VhhA0CWfF-vUZDP2KNWD-1WkGSOAvg9TZZrZDiFCg7wRSfvFu72LZdLVc_b5slpZ5kVd_tArzMK9K7mLTWuV7dktobqtLWlAR1uo07lvz7Jrf6fY619DjK3nBro2K02M5y0U_v_JGkbQ5tonMTzl815HKiYNWGenL5BsAYKAbTXj3AD84vT3XsVhZvEUmLFZJ2uWZjVaGefpquxmd8e_O4N6Lk=w579-h771-no

Seems I was fishing about 5 foot too shallow.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wouldn't have been me. I don't have children and haven't ever been out on my boat with a child. I use Washunga almost exclusively since it's close to my house and free to use the ramp, but I was putting out in the evening knowing I was going to the river after dark, so the 5 bucks for Coon seemed worth it.

Caught the blues on whole shad. Cut shad wasn't even getting a nibble. I don't know if we had Gar out there or what, but something was an expert at stealing our bait that night. I was checking bait about every 10 minutes and had bare hooks every time. Occasionally I'd still have a head on a hook but the rest would be gone below the hook. Cut bait could sit in the water and simply not get touched at all.
Another boat like yours then. Washunga is the ramp that is the furthers for me to travel too, so I usually launch at pioneer and motor where I need to go. Going upriver, I'd do coon creek since there is some extra water in the lake.
Can't believe the COE doesn't dredge that out since that is such a popular camp ground. If it were closer to Tulsa or OKC, I guarantee they would find the money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom