2016 Oklahoma Fishing Picture Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160713_3de06a536488ccc6c798454a0d8e8b34.jpg

First time in the tube with my heathen, didn't catch a fish but had a blast!

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160713_bd4c7d9d2311ca02d352031369f72d59.jpg

Did find some wild blackberries on the way home, so we had cobler for dinner.

Thanks oufan24 for a great deal on the extra tube for her!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy and I catch most of ours trolling crank baits. Bandit 200/300's and wiggle warts mostly. We have found having your crank bait making contact with he bottom seems to help. Especially at hefner, canton, or carl blackwell for saugeye. When we fish Broken Bow we catch them in open water, but not near as consistently.

We fish out of a big deck boat with no trolling motor, so vertical jigging is out of the equation for us. We also catch a few drifting lindy rigs with shiners or nightcrawler. Trolling and listening to music is a lot more entertaining for us. We don't take it too seriously.
Same baits I troll with. I think most of our walleye get washed out the dam. The last two years have been flood levels all summer long.

Great pics Foghorn! Used to tube a lot. Big water fishing for the norm now. Recently had a small pond of 2 acres dug out and restocked last year. Need to get a new tube for the outer unit and fish it.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We finished with 14. Those were the biggest. Was a blast for me as I've never targeted stripers specifically.

That's awesome! I've always wanted to catch striper, but we don't have any close to central OK and I have a hard time breaking away for all day trips at this point.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great pics Foghorn! Used to tube a lot. Big water fishing for the norm now. Recently had a small pond of 2 acres dug out and restocked last year. Need to get a new tube for the outer unit and fish it.

Never been much of boat guy, but tubing is a ton of fun! Love hitting the small stock tanks and ponds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice stripers! I'll bet that was a heck of a fight on the fly rod.
What weight tippit were you using?
Stripping streamers?
We were using 8 wt rods . I was using 20 lb test as my leader about 3'6" -4' long. Just vary your strip, try different things. Flies were about 6" long , striper flies. We were using Intermediate sinking fly line.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to Kaw today. After two summers of massive flooding, the sand bass population has really suffered. Managed to catch two trolling in the muddy water. Fresh fish for dinner tonight.
Board is 12"
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160822_c7090724abc644f2b430b596acbe6886.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom