2016 Pawnee Run n' Gun - Summer Addition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody ran Pawnee in the past with a SKS or AK?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Ones I've seen have done very poorly. Did see a guy with an AK complete the 500 yard stage, but DQ the 3rd stage out to 250, and ran out of ammo by stage 5.

I'm sure some have seen people succeed but...

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen both come through with mixed results. It's perfectly doable if you have a firm zero with a good supply of consistent ammunition. Make sure you get out and refine the elevation and windage of your zero AT DISTANCE. This lets you work out the errors which you would not typically be able to see up close (<50yds).

I've always used an Aimpoint T-1 micro on either the 8" SBR or full-length carbine but I want a o run it at some point with a basic AKM-type just for shits and giggles. If you're in the north OKC area I have an armorer's tool for doing windage and elevation on the front sight assemblies. I'd be happy to loan it to you temporarily so that you can be ready for the Run&Gun.

Ek

PS, for shits and giggles:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen both come through with mixed results. It's perfectly doable if you have a firm zero with a good supply of consistent ammunition. Make sure you get out and refine the elevation and windage of your zero AT DISTANCE. This lets you work out the errors which you would not typically be able to see up close (<50yds)....

Just to add emphasis that this is critical for everyone, regardless of what you're shooting. If you zero your rifle at some baseline zero distance (25m, 50m, 100m, etc) and rely on a chart out of an FM or a software-generated table for elevation and wind corrections, you're working with a theory, not a zero. You have to get out and put metal on a target to confirm that you're going to hit what that gee whiz program tells you you're going to hit, where it's telling you you're going to hit it. Don't be a sucker and rely wholesale on a BDC reticle that (SPOILER ALERT) wasn't created using your exact rifle and load combination.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys sure are quiet this year. Or is everyone training so hard they don't have time to type a few words of smack-talk???

Been so busy haven't put much work in. Did just upgrade my scope from 1-6 SWFA FFP to 2.5-10 PST FFP. Think it will help me get dialed in with the mid range shot.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started off with a good start about two months ago by starting the couch to 10k program, got through week five or so and then got sick for a couple of weeks and then rolled my ankle worse than I ever had. Now I'm fat and lazy again...should be interesting!

Nick710

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been running in the heat of the day (around 4:30 or so) Lately, it's been pretty brutal, but doable if you're conditioned to it. Also been shooting nearly every weekend for a while, adding targets to the scrambler course and mixing it up a little.

Latest posts

Top Bottom