2017-18 controlled hunts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roughrider

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got in from the hunt, very tough conditions and very little movement. I passed on a doe Friday, no QP for does this year and I wasn't going to deal with it at 90 degrees. I passed on a 6 point this morning, the cold front did get them moving though I think the total for the weekend was 10 deer and only one good buck.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not at all. Forbidden! Irritating too, because they were complaining about deer numbers being low and a smaller fawn crop. Ya think???

My daughter and I counted at least 80 different hogs that passed by in 3 bunches on the first day. More came by this morning, but sure that they were some of the ones we counted previously.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not at all. Forbidden! Irritating too, because they were complaining about deer numbers being low and a smaller fawn crop. Ya think???

My daughter and I counted at least 80 different hogs that passed by in 3 bunches on the first day. More came by this morning, but sure that they were some of the ones we counted previously.

Seriously?!? You aren’t allowed to shoot pigs?!?:scratch:

I completely don’t get that and would love to hear the logic behind it and what brain trust came up with that rule.:idea:

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I see nothing's changed since last year. Exact same problem I had when I went. Until they fix something at Tish that hunt is a waste of time and money IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom