2017-18 controlled hunts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd gladly give that info out along with the kind of wine she likes before where I'm considering applying for deer hunts. That's like asking for specific info about my elk hunting unit in Colorado. Sorry I've put in a lot of time and money to figure that stuff out. Even driven to several I'm considering applying to and glassed and done some scouting over the YEARS to decide where to go.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.
I wasn't really asking for any specifics, more in general like which WMA's would be best to put in for.....

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The specific questions would come after drawing one of the better buck hunts that was mentioned here.

The hunts that only allow archery.
Mentioned where exactly? There were none mentioned in this thread, or suggested. I guess that's what I was asking...

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Mentioned where exactly? There were none mentioned in this thread, or suggested. I guess that's what I was asking...
I am saying most aren't going to give a wide open invitation (this is a public forum on the internet) to everyone to "enter" in the same drawing for specific hunts they are also entering.

You said you didn't ask for anything specific...well you said what WMA. The way the drawing works is people enter the controlled hunt options they want a chance at, and sharing that info could directly relate to more competition in the drawing.

Fast forward to the drawing...June, July or whenever it is, I haven't ever followed that closely. If you drew a hunt, that is when I said the more specific questions would start.

Subscribe to the Outdoor Oklahoma magazine. Its like $10-15/ year or so, I am not sure, I haven't subscribed in a long time but it just keeps showing up. It has awesome detailed information about the controlled hunts and success rate and ratio of entries to draws.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am saying most aren't going to give a wide open invitation (this is a public forum on the internet) to everyone to "enter" in the same drawing for specific hunts they are also entering.

You said you didn't ask for anything specific...well you said what WMA. The way the drawing works is people enter the controlled hunt options they want a chance at, and sharing that info could directly relate to more competition in the drawing.

Fast forward to the drawing...June, July or whenever it is, I haven't ever followed that closely. If you drew a hunt, that is when I said the more specific questions would start.

Subscribe to the Outdoor Oklahoma magazine. Its like $10-15/ year or so, I am not sure, I haven't subscribed in a long time but it just keeps showing up. It has awesome detailed information about the controlled hunts and success rate and ratio of entries to draws.

Sounds like good advice, will do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom