2017-18 controlled hunts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, why is this the case anyway? Never understood why we have to wait so long.

Me either. At least they aren't as bad as some other states. I've still got 3600 dollars out to Colorado and almost 3000 out to Wyoming. Got my Arizona Alaska refunds back. Utah and Nevada you have to buy a nonresident license just to apply. The five bucks to Oklahoma isn't that bad. A few other western states really hurt to apply while waiting on your refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its on a dammed computer.
The results could be done in one day.
We use a program called Practiscore when shooting matches in competition. The scores are available within minutes when the last android is turned in by the squads.
Its just a database. No big deal.
They like to see us sweat....lol. Just kidding.

A5Sooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me either. At least they aren't as bad as some other states. I've still got 3600 dollars out to Colorado and almost 3000 out to Wyoming. Got my Arizona Alaska refunds back. Utah and Nevada you have to buy a nonresident license just to apply. The five bucks to Oklahoma isn't that bad. A few other western states really hurt to apply while waiting on your refund.

I saw somewhere that if you applied in all western states for elk you could be temporarily out somewhere in the neighborhood of $20-23000.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Closer to 12 just for elk. Add sheep and mountain goats ! It's a bit steep and the odds still suck ! Imagine if it was only 5 dollars.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thought it was the 6th?

Edit:
Applicants may check to see if they were selected for a controlled hunt beginning Thursday, July 6, 2017. Printed lists will not be available. Computer terminals are available to check the drawing results at most local libraries and will be available to the public at the following Wildlife Department offices 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, unless otherwise posted. Unfortunately, we cannot answer telephone inquiries regarding controlled hunt outcomes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom