2017-18 controlled hunts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've asked this before but what's the maximum number of points you can have for a species?

I think once you get 50 points you should get an automatic tag. If tag allotment allows. Can't be many people that will stick with it that long!

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you been to Tishomingo NWR since the flood? I posted about that earlier. Went last year. Complete waste of time if you get draw for an area hit by the flood, its all random, draw a number out of box. Hopefully they have less hunters and more prime spots for the youth.
I haven't been since the flood. Hopefully we will be lucky enough to get a decent spot.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've asked this before but what's the maximum number of points you can have for a species?

I think once you get 50 points you should get an automatic tag. If tag allotment allows. Can't be many people that will stick with it that long!

I can't remember what year the computer generated drawing began, but I assume the preference points didn't start until then. I've got 22 elk points, and have been putting in since 91' so that should be 26 so late 90's on the beginning of the preference points I guess?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't remember what year the computer generated drawing began, but I assume the preference points didn't start until then. I've got 22 elk points, and have been putting in since 91' so that should be 26 so late 90's on the beginning of the preference points I guess?
I"ve been putting in since it began, so I'm sure I'm like you with 22 points. When I first put in, you could get drawn every 5 years, then it went to 10 years between draws, then once in a lifetime.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I"ve been putting in since it began, so I'm sure I'm like you with 22 points. When I first put in, you could get drawn every 5 years, then it went to 10 years between draws, then once in a lifetime.

Yeah I know three people who've been twice, six trips and six bulls lol............

Latest posts

Top Bottom