2017 Crappie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Logan county-Crappie are done. Spawned about a month ago. We hit em hard for about a week. Caught mostly large females. One day my 10 y.o. caught 2 that were 16.75" and tipped the scale at just under 3lbs each. That was the best day we had. 3 of us caught 50 in 2 hours. Last weekend we caught some crappie. Very slow and all we caught were small males in the 10-12" range.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fished a bit yesterday and got into some crappie....not the huge ones like we caught a month ago and much slower action. The water is back up to the upper 60s. Saw A LOT of what appeared to be crappie fry in the shallower water near brush.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy tried Oologah Saturday with no luck. They were letting a lot of water out yesterday when we crossed the Verdigris on our way to Chouteau Bend. Caught 34 sandbass between noon and five, with several large females still holding eggs. Also got two big spoonbills (on crankbaits again lol). Not sure if or when we're going to find those dang crappie in any numbers. I don't know why, but they seem to be the toughest fish for us to target and catch in any real numbers. :(

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fished 3 days this past weekend. Mostly trolling due to the wind and the fact I was fishing with my brother who enjoys the boat ride mre than the fishing I think.

Sand bass were fair (About 50 spread over 3 days) an a dozen or so crappie. They were there we just weren't fishing for them properly. Might try to get out fter work some this week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom