2017 Deer hunting results/stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beautiful buck, and Congrats to the Daughter!
Side note: We need to figure out what that green grass is that stays green all year. I have some on my driveway year around, and the deer are on it all year. Some on the deer hunting grounds.
It isn't fescue.
It's this the stuff you're talking about?
38b395457ad286067a31043481d93224.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Beautiful buck, and Congrats to the Daughter!
Side note: We need to figure out what that green grass is that stays green all year. I have some on my driveway year around, and the deer are on it all year. Some on the deer hunting grounds.
It isn't fescue.

Not sure what it is, and it's first year I've ever seen it. It's usually brown like desert sand in there not long after Christmas other than one giant, lone cedar tree in there. I'll have to take some pics. Shooter, it's shorter and has a narrower blade than the vegetation in your pic.

Edit: meant to say not long after Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure what it is, and it's first year I've ever seen it. It's usually brown like desert sand in there not long after Christmas other than one giant, lone cedar tree in there. I'll have to take some pics. Shooter, it's shorter and has a narrower blade than the vegetation in your pic.
Exactly. I have a patch of it under a mullberry tree on my driveway.
Deer on it every day almost.
Take a pic of it tomorrow if I remember.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good, because my place has a lot of that stuff and it would be hard to control movements if they're feeding on that stuff.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom