2017 gun goals?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm with YukonGlocker on the CZ P10.
Other than that, I was wanting the Ruger Mark IV lite but with the problems it has...maybe not. These are the ones on the radar.

Okay, here we go again...please tell us about these "problems" the Ruger MK IV Lite has, and provide a link or two?

(I'm with you guys on the CZ P10, but I heard that they aren't built right so I dunno...everyone who knows anything about guns knows CZs just aren't very good guns; I read it on the internet).

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Primarily to shoot some 3-gun. Need some more gear for that. Mostly just shell caddies. Need lots of shotgun practice, both loading and shooting.

Only gun I really plan on getting is a G34. I have all the parts for another AR lower, might try to build a lightweight upper for that. I'm always on the hunt for a nice Ruger .44 Mag, and would like to find a nice 4" stainless Speed Six to complete the collection.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, here we go again...please tell us about these "problems" the Ruger MK IV Lite has, and provide a link or two?

(I'm with you guys on the CZ P10, but I heard that they aren't built right so I dunno...everyone who knows anything about guns knows CZs just aren't very good guns; I read it on the internet).
Seems, a lot of what I've read on reviews, the IV has issues with stovepipes, ejection problems that require mod's to fix. Some very extensive mods. The only experience with the gun was a rental that had exactly those same issues.
I did see the vids with the problems on YouTube. Nothing wrong with that. Doubt anyone (or a lot of anyones) would go to the trouble to fake these vids.. There is also a post here that discusses it.
If you have a good experience, out of the box, with one please tell me because I really want one but not if I have to spend as much as the gun to make it run.
You're dead wrong on the CZ's(unless you're kidding).
It's not that I just read the problem with the lite, I experienced it and blamed it on being a dirty gun rental.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems, a lot of what I've read on reviews, the IV has issues with stovepipes, ejection problems that require mod's to fix. Some very extensive mods. The only experience with the gun was a rental that had exactly those same issues.
I did see the vids with the problems on YouTube. Nothing wrong with that. Doubt anyone (or a lot of anyones) would go to the trouble to fake these vids.. There is also a post here that discusses it.
If you have a good experience, out of the box, with one please tell me because I really want one but not if I have to spend as much as the gun to make it run.
You're dead wrong on the CZ's(unless you're kidding).
It's not that I just read the problem with the lite, I experienced it and blamed it on being a dirty gun rental.

First, yes I was kidding about the CZ. They are excellent pistols. If I do buy a new gun this year, it will probably be the CZ P01.

I just bought a new Ruger Mark IV and took it to the range today. Shot 400 rounds, no problems at all. It was spot on right out of the box. Mostly CCI but a few mags of Federal Automatch and some Aquila. I am going to remove the right side safety. They provide a spacer in the box and instructions on how to do that with the pistol. I felt like I was bumping it when I was shooting the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First, yes I was kidding about the CZ. They are excellent pistols. If I do buy a new gun this year, it will probably be the CZ P01.

I just bought a new Ruger Mark IV and took it to the range today. Shot 400 rounds, no problems at all. It was spot on right out of the box. Mostly CCI but a few mags of Federal Automatch and some Aquila. I am going to remove the right side safety. They provide a spacer in the box and instructions on how to do that with the pistol. I felt like I was bumping it when I was shooting the gun.

Great news. Post a pic please. Love the way these guns look. Planned on removing the loaded shell indicator pin and will replace the off side safety, if it comes with the spacer.
Had planned on going to H&H or FB to rent one today but sister took a bad turn and they have to keep her in the hospital for a couple more days for test and further biopsies.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great news. Post a pic please. Love the way these guns look. Planned on removing the loaded shell indicator pin and will replace the off side safety, if it comes with the spacer.
Had planned on going to H&H or FB to rent one today but sister took a bad turn and they have to keep her in the hospital for a couple more days for test and further biopsies.

No need to rent. I am retired, live in south Yukon, go to Big Boys often and all you gotta do is PM me and we will go down there and you can shoot mine. It doesn't have that nasty loaded chamber indicator so that's one less thing to mess with.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No need to rent. I am retired, live in south Yukon, go to Big Boys often and all you gotta do is PM me and we will go down there and you can shoot mine. It doesn't have that nasty loaded chamber indicator so that's one less thing to mess with.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom