2017 Gun Legislation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://ok2a-association.org/legislative-agenda does not have these posted online yet, but I obtained a copy of bills for the 2017 legislative session.
According to the list I have there are approximately 25 Priority Bills and 55 "other" bills that have been filed. Some of these bills will not see the light of day, some will be combined with others, and some will get serious consideration.

I think the legislature's priority will be the budget and the Governor's proposed tax overhaul. Hopefully I'll get some time to look further into some of these and some of you will be able to do the same and post comments here. I have not read any of them and have no opinion to offer at this time. If you see a bill that you like be sure to call your representative and senator. Emails and especially calls do make a difference.

I'm not going to post the entire list because it is hard copy, but here are a few:
Second Amendment Protection - SB65, SB379, SB386
Pointing a firearm - SB40 - clarifies when a firearm can be pointed
Defines pistol in S21 - SB36
Car Carry without permit - HB2323, SB378, SB497
Bus Carry - SB397, HB1721
Private Driver Carry - SB288
Courthouse Carry - SB276, HB1104
Capitol Carry - SB66, HB1935
Feral Swine - HB1798, SB615
Game Wardens on private property - SB327, HB1009

Last edited:

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SB276 looks like it makes a special class for our betters who happen to be government clerks working in a courthouse. Ditto HB1104. I'll pass.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found that but cant find a place where there is a description of what they actually are.

Game and fish; exempting the taking of feral swine from license requirement; allowing for headlighting. Effective date.

Thats at the top and all I can find.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found that but cant find a place where there is a description of what they actually are.

Game and fish; exempting the taking of feral swine from license requirement; allowing for headlighting. Effective date.

After you find the bill you want, click on the tab that says VERSIONS.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You can also click on the hyperlink in the title at the top left in front of the author/sponsor's name. It will open in word.

Latest posts

Top Bottom