2017 Gun Legislation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnuner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I noticed there are three different car carry bills. One thing concerns me on this is that all three bill strike pistol from the section on carrying an unloaded gun. The problem with that is an 18-21 year old may legally possess a handgun. The way these bills read they would not be able to legally transport said handgun. I've emailed one of the sponsors (Coody) and also OK2A to point this out. Is this a real concern. I'm saying this because my youngest just turned 18 and got a nice 9mm for his birthday. I'd hate for him to loose it if he gets stopped going to the range.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I noticed there are three different car carry bills. One thing concerns me on this is that all three bill strike pistol from the section on carrying an unloaded gun. The problem with that is an 18-21 year old may legally possess a handgun. The way these bills read they would not be able to legally transport said handgun. I've emailed one of the sponsors (Coody) and also OK2A to point this out. Is this a real concern. I'm saying this because my youngest just turned 18 and got a nice 9mm for his birthday. I'd hate for him to loose it if he gets stopped going to the range.

Is this the bill? HB2323 (Rep Coody) - Car carry

http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/cf_pdf/2017-18 INT/hB/HB2323 INT.PDF

3/2ACR Vet

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was just poking around,

SB 11

Authored Today by Brecheen

Turns over SDA Firearms licensing to the OSBI. County Sherriffs are out
Opens carry permits to non state residents
Reduces duration to only 5 years on a permit, instead of 5 or 10
Reduces fees to 25$ resident/50$ non resident for both initial and renewal
Fingerprinting is no longer necessary
Permit issue is based on a standard NICS check, rather than a full blown background check
Permit issue is no longer discretionary. If you pass the NICS they shall issue the permit

Like this one

Latest posts

Top Bottom