2017 Rut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
N.W. oklahoma. Am and pm bucks starting to follow. Last weekend it was more of a function of running does off the feeders. Tonight the bucks seem interested in something other than food. Nothing crazy....but there has been a steady increase since last week this time

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Saw deer out and about almost the entire trip to the stand this afternoon. Ran some doe off when we got to the stand and didn't see another doe the rest of the evening. Saw four bucks this evening, one young buck with both sides broken off, one 10 that was okay, and one 10 and one 8pt that were studs for their age. All bucks hit some licking branches and then chowed on corn for a while before wandering off. Buddy shot a buck at 5:05 this evening that was following a group of does.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The little guys are chasing doe all over the place near Piedmont. Mostly spikes and forks, but had one small 8 pt chasing a doe at 10:00am. Also caught an old mature buck checking does on camera yesterday at 5:30pm, on the edge of an open wheat field. I'm betting the big guys will be chasing by next weekend.

bill allen

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in Creek county. No serious chasing has started here yet. In our evening hunts there are always a good number of does coming to the feeders in the last hour. I had 5 last night. The big boys seem to still be nocturnal and not bothering the does, yet. Next weekend should be a lot better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom