2017 Rut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This guy was caught on cam at 12:00noon today. Of course I was at home for chow at that time.

Attachments

• IMG_2820.JPG
    IMG_2820.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 203

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of horn rattling last night and does are getting skittish. Had 2 small 8s locked up in front of me and 2 larger deer behind me that I never saw were banging antlers hard. Right at end of shooting light too. They pinned me in the stand till 7:45.

This morning I've had a spike and an 8 pt come through chasing does but they lost interest quickly. I agree...next week should be fun. No fighting so far this morning.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw something today I have never seen in all my years of hunting. As previously mentioned, the little bucks are chasing all over my property and I'm seeing new scrapes daily. While on the stand this morning, a 2 1/2 year old buck came running in and slammed on the brakes right in front of my stand, just before reaching a scrape. He walked to the scrape, peed, then had a butt explosion similar to a feeder steer new on wheat pasture. He then hunkered down over the scrape and started squatting. His squatting soon turned to hunching, like a dog would hump your leg. But this buck wasn't humping anything but air. This went on for a couple minutes until he lifted his left leg off the ground and started quivering feverishly until he jizzed all over the scrape. I've never seen that before, nor heard of bucks ejaculating into a scrape, but that's exactly what this one did.

Latest posts

Top Bottom